Matthew Jordan bench press

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Drummond not playing BB is, imho, one of the great bad legacies of the Groh era. He was a natural there; the people down in LaGrange still talk about how he ran over and away from one of their best FB teams ever in the playoffs. Too bad!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Drummond not playing BB is, imho, one of the great bad legacies of the Groh era. He was a natural there; the people down in LaGrange still talk about how he ran over and away from one of their best FB teams ever in the playoffs. Too bad!!
I always heard he wasn't fluid enough for Bback. Or fast enough, for that matter.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Exactly right DCS.

Stiff and not fluid at all.
Tell that to the teams who played against him in high school. I believe they will have a different opinion. But let's see a film, shall we?

Oh, he looks just as stiff as a board, doesn't he?

Of course, Coach saw more of him, but I've always thought that it was Groh wanting him on D that made the difference.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Tell that to the teams who played against him in high school. I believe they will have a different opinion. But let's see a film, shall we?

Oh, he looks just as stiff as a board, doesn't he?

Of course, Coach saw more of him, but I've always thought that it was Groh wanting him on D that made the difference.

tape is really really sped up. Also he does look stuff and not a natural runner. Like a blocking fullback in my opinion

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
He was at B back before Groh got here and the decision to switch him was made before Groh was hired...if he was that good of course CPJ would keep him on offense.

I got a chance to watch him in practice several times at B back...like I said he was way too stiff. Look very awkward getting out of his stance to even get to the mesh and ran upright.

Nothing against the kid...I like him and am glad he struck it out. Will reap from it in the long run.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
JazzyD95: He looked good in the films. Personally, I still wish I could have seen him as a regular player at the BBack position. I would not care if he looked stiff, ran upright, ran on all fours, or hopped, skipped, and jump, as long as he consistently gave me 5 yards each time he carried the ball.

I played basketball in a Gold Medal Tournement one year when we took in several other players for the tournement. One player was recommended to me by one of our team players. I trusted him and we let the player come in with us during the tournement. His nickname was "Country". He looked like a guy straight off the farm. He practiced with us several days before the tournement. I noticed that he had no form, looked clumsy, and had my doubts about him helping us.

However, in the practices, I noticed he would get most of the rebounds, he could go back up and put the ball back in the basket, and any time a ball was fed to him, he would score closer in to the basket. I was in amazement as I watched him. He did not look like a baskeball player, but you could not stop him from scoring close around the basket. His shots were not form shots or fancy shots, they just were accurate and went in the basket. He played with us in the tournement and did extremely well although it hurt just watching his form. From then on, I changed my mind from form to effectiveness.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is Jordan white? I thought he was biracial?
Naw, he's just pretty fly for a white guy.

the-off.jpg

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not trying to fire him as a QB but, seems like a good candidate for a safety spot if QB doesn't work out. Gotta love smart athletic guys on the team.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Ask the government and trial lawyers. They spend a lot of time and money tracking race and sex of every activity in the country.

bcaff

Jolly Good Fellow
Well since he's white, he obviously can't be a dual threat QB. Just like a black QB can't be a pocket passer.

(sarcasm)