Matthew Jordan bench press

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll be the first guy to downplay the overall importance of a bench press max, especially having taught weight training in schools. However, what this shows is that this kid is just overall STRONG. And he'll probably walk right in and be the most physical QB we have. I love it!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'll be the first guy to downplay the overall importance of a bench press max, especially having taught weight training in schools. However, what this shows is that this kid is just overall STRONG. And he'll probably walk right in and be the most physical QB we have. I love it!
I think it shows he's a gym rat (weightroom = gym in this case). We could probably surmise that he is strong all over, especially in qb specific areas. Add that to his reputation that he lives to watch film and his high school coach saying that "nobody will out work him," and I like it a lot.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Very excited to see what Mr. Jordan brings to us. I think it's great that he's flying somewhat under the radar.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The next proclaimed savor !!!!!
No but seriously I look forward to seeing what he will be able to bring to the program.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Just don't let him go boating with Daniel Drummond. ... what?

I know what you're implying, the next great white hype???

I took that to possibly refer to two things - Drummond showed up benching around if not over 400 #s. Shortly thereafter, his bench #s dropped precipitously - a dead giveaway for roids which turned out to be the case. Then, there was DD's unfortunate BWI/BUI incident.

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
I took that to possibly refer to two things - Drummond showed up benching around if not over 400 #s. Shortly thereafter, his bench #s dropped precipitously - a dead giveaway for roids which turned out to be the case. Then, there was DD's unfortunate BWI/BUI incident.

That's true... That being said, Daniel Drummond is a great kid from a great family... He went through a lot while he was at Tech yet never stopped giving the team his all.