Mark Price fired...

GTFLETCH

Banned
Anyone know if Mark Price would consider coming back to Tech to Coach? After the ugly Loss in Athens we may need to get Pastner out of here... I guess I can see why Memphis fans were down on him..

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Bahahahahaha I'm crying at the fact some people are ready to fire Pastner it was literally 5 vs 8 uga shot lights out. Tech still has only 2 seniors and 1 top 100 player on the team. This team has nearly no talent and is for sure bottom half of power 5 in talent. let some new young talent come in we have recruited well this year. CJP deserves at least the 5 years Gregory had when did Gregory ever get a team to a NIT final and he had more talent than Pastner did last year.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Price got the hook too soon because the UNCC AD seems like a piece of ****. That said, he should've been recruiting better at their level out of the gates (especially considering he could've tapped in to ATL) and the player development there was a mixed bag. It was not trending in a way that said "stripes earned, take over a power conference program next time one's open".

He gave it a shot. It didn't work out. Heading back to the pros where he can strictly work on player development without the hassle of recruiting or academics is probably where he'll be success.

There's no reason to continue to harbor the notion of Price coaching at GT again.

GTFLETCH

Banned
It's too early to pull the plug on Coach Pastner but if GT still is having major problems during the 2018-2019 season he may be in trouble.
I disagree, after his lovers quarrel with that guy (Ron??) went public and the season was lost he has shown everything the Memphis fans told us! Make the change ASAP before it gets any worse!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think Price got the hook too soon because the UNCC AD seems like a piece of ****. That said, he should've been recruiting better at their level out of the gates (especially considering he could've tapped in to ATL) and the player development there was a mixed bag. It was not trending in a way that said "stripes earned, take over a power conference program next time one's open".

He gave it a shot. It didn't work out. Heading back to the pros where he can strictly work on player development without the hassle of recruiting or academics is probably where he'll be success.

There's no reason to continue to harbor the notion of Price coaching at GT again.
We should send Pastner packing!!!!!!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think it is and what's scarier is there are probably a lot of folks that agree with him.

I guess all the rando CUSA losses on Price's record didn't sway him?
Well We made a mistake by not hiring Bob Hoffman of Mercer ( a coach who has beaten Duke, and can coach) Pastner can't coach... Team has already quit before ACC play, Pastner's personal life has been public, get rid of him, this is worse then CBG!!! MAKE THE CHANGE NOW!!!!!!!!

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a consultant or something. He has good credentials as a shoot doctor is an expert at shooting & god knows our players need help with that.