Marcus Marshall

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
TO OFFENSE old gt
DM as bb = 3-4 yds w slight hole, 10-12 w hole
MM as bb = 1-3'yds w slight hole, 10-50 w hole

RPO OR AIR RAID new gt and like new pro
DM as single rb = 1-2 yds w no hole, 5-10 w hole.
MM as single rb = 0-2 yds w no hole, 7-25 w hole .

Got blocking =MM

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
TO OFFENSE old gt
DM as bb = 3-4 yds w slight hole, 10-12 w hole
MM as bb = 1-3'yds w slight hole, 10-50 w hole

RPO OR AIR RAID new gt and like new pro
DM as single rb = 1-2 yds w no hole, 5-10 w hole.
MM as single rb = 0-2 yds w no hole, 7-25 w hole .

Got blocking =MM

Who is "DM"? Struggling to think of an RB we've had with those initials

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure Marshall left because of playing time. He didn't tote the rock 20 times per game at JMU. In fact, his senior year, he touched the ball basically the same amount of times he did in '15 & '16 at GT.

Yes, I remember the rumors at the time were that it was not playing time, or at least not just playing time, but rather he was not happy with the overall Georgia Tech experience. Whether that means academics, campus life, distance from home, or some combination of those factors, who knows? But if it just wasn't a good fit for him, I can't hold anything against the guy. Nor can I hold anything against CPJ for not keeping him happy. Not every school is right for everybody.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_1e237550-5877-5716-b598-b11a38a452e6.html

Here's an article on Mills that just came out today. I hope he can pull things together. He's got to get his GPA up to be eligible at Nebraska.

We should lay off him, too. Our weed policy was the toughest in the country and TStan has addressed that.

Love Mills and think the rule is stupid, but he acted stupid so he won stupid prizes. The rule is dumb but it's still the rule. I don't like the noise ordinance law in my neighborhood, I think it's dumb af, but if I get popped for it then that's on me and nobody else.

I'm mad as hell at Mills because I wanted him to ball out on the big stage with us for both him and yes, me selfishly. But our goals aligned at that point.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Guy averaged 7 ypc and was limited to 5 carries a game in favor of a guy who averaged 5 ypc and was more dedicated to smoking than to the team.
Exactly this. DM was a pot head. I hope he has straightened out and makes a good life for himself, he was very young when he was at Tech. I also hope MM much success in the next level, lots of talent.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Guy averaged 7 ypc and was limited to 5 carries a game in favor of a guy who averaged 5 ypc and was more dedicated to smoking than to the team.
ball security, especially early in his career, was one of his big issues. Had he mastered that early, he would have gotten the work that went to Skov his freshman year.
And it's more than just running that go with that position. There's blocking too. If you block, you get the rock.
Marshall had a little bit of an extra gear over Mills but also Mills got called on to dig out 2 or 3 yards a time on short yardage situations - like fourth and short from inside our own 20 against UK in the Taxslayer Bowl. Don't know PJ would have felt as comfortable making that call with MM in there. But with Dedrick, it's like sitting with the dealer showing a 5.