Major Branding Announcement: New Tech Gold

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I think it's a step in the right direction. But I would have preferred we simplify to just White and Gold. That's it. When I look at the other great programs, they are almost all just two colors ... Crimson/White, Burnt Orange/White, etc.

I think it's interesting we took the color from the Wreck. But shouldn't the Wreck have taken the color from the team? Interesting.

Right the T-shirt, I'd prefer an option with the GT smaller and over the left breast. Classy. It's always where my hand is on my date on game day. Just sayin.

Again, it's a step in the right direction. Now, if they can just get rid of the voiceover on that video! The guy sounds like the dude from Arby's ..."Jawja Tech!!! We got da meats!"

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think it's a step in the right direction. But I would have preferred we simplify to just White and Gold. That's it. When I look at the other great programs, they are almost all just two colors ... Crimson/White, Burnt Orange/White, etc.

I think it's interesting we took the color from the Wreck. But shouldn't the Wreck have taken the color from the team? Interesting.

Right the T-shirt, I'd prefer an option with the GT smaller and over the left breast. Classy. It's always where my hand is on my date on game day. Just sayin.

Again, it's a step in the right direction. Now, if they can just get rid of the voiceover on that video! The guy sounds like the dude from Arby's ..."Jawja Tech!!! We got da meats!"
:eek: how dare you besmirch Derrick Moore.

They had polo shirts on sale last night ($80.00) that had a GT over the left breast, but it was just the outline of the GT, so that the interior was the same color as the shirt. It would look MUCH better if the interior of the outline were white.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Secondary colors arent unheard of. Clemson uses purple. Navy wasn't ever going anywhere, I dont think. Works too well with white and gold.

Secondary colors arent unheard of. Clemson uses purple. Navy wasn't ever going anywhere, I dont think. Works too well with white and gold.
But so does black, even though I know some don't want black because of Georgia. But since the infamous black-out game against Bama, the mutts don't use black for much of anything other than trim. Meanwhile tons of schools in the country use Navy.

BTW, consider all the schools in the country who wear Navy, some of whom we play....ND, Auburn (sometimes), Duke (not quite Navy), UVA, Navy, several others with varying shades of blue. Why should we want to look like any of them? What we have in White and Gold is special, if not unique. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I believe the focus should be on gold and white. If navy blue is used as a trim color (for better visibility for example), I am o.k. with that. I would rather not see any other color become a primary color used for the entire jersey or pants. I agree with SS that our colors, what makes us unique, are gold and white.

On a side note, did Adidas put out a new hat yet? I would really like to get a new gold or white Adidas baseball/golf hat when it becomes available.

I believe the focus should be on gold and white. If navy blue is used as a trim color (for better visibility for example), I am o.k. with that. I would rather not see any other color become a primary color used for the entire jersey or pants. I agree with SS that our colors, what makes us unique, are gold and white.

On a side note, did Adidas put out a new hat yet? I would really like to get a new gold or white Adidas baseball/golf hat when it becomes available.
There were no Adidas hats at the trailer by the stadium last night. I wanted a new gold fitted cap with a white GT. The only think similar that they had was a gold fitted cap with a blue GT, and it was not Adidas. No sale for me.