Macon Telegraph: Stability at quarterback raises the bar at Georgia Tech

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like how the writer totally glossed over Vad Lee to fit his narrative...lol.

I think 2015 is the year JeT will be a national level star. He's got that Mike Vick running ability that ESPN likes to put in their highlight packages, and JeT will have plenty of national level games to put himself and GT in the spotlight.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

I think 2015 is the year JeT will be a national level star. He's got that Mike Vick running ability that ESPN likes to put in their highlight packages, and JeT will have plenty of national level games to put himself and GT in the spotlight.
I am very excited to see JT this year, knowing he will only be improving from the very high level he was playing at the end of last season. It's unfortunate he hurt his ankle against Duke because his decision making was getting better and better as the year went on but you could tell the ankle was hurting him. As good as he played down the stretch he could have been a step better, and you saw that in the Orange Bowl once he had a few weeks to get healthy. It's very exciting thinking he will be starting the season where he left off, and getting better from there. Oh yeah, and he's getting older, bigger, and stronger. Buckle up, folks!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
....... It's unfortunate he hurt his ankle against Duke because his decision making was getting better and better as the year went on but you could tell the ankle was hurting him. ........

JT didn't hurt his ankle; his ankle was injured by a dirty Fluke player. I hope we get pay back 10 times over this year.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
The weight thing is nothing. Normal season weight loss. He probably will end next season at 172 too.
No, being 190 isn't going to cost him any quickness.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
So, I know that everybody seems to think that this issue is proven moot, but I'm still worried by his size.

Yes, when he's healthy, he's unbelievably dynamic. That said, he's really little. He's good about not taking hits, and he's fast enough to run away from most big guys, but I think it was a minor miracle he made it though last year as relatively unscathed as he did.

172 is really, really small. Yes, you have a GREAT backup (I actually typed "we" in there first :)), you probably have about the best backup you could ever hope to have, so him getting hurt isn't the end of the universe. I just think to automatically assume he's not going to miss time for the rest of his career, because he didn't this past year is maybe unrealistic.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

The writer put in the only quote that was necessary to cover Vad Lee when Johnson spoke of Thomas and said,
“I think that he’s a good leader,” Johnson said. “He embraces what we try to do rather than trying to change it.”

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I am very excited to see JT this year, knowing he will only be improving from the very high level he was playing at the end of last season. It's unfortunate he hurt his ankle against Duke because his decision making was getting better and better as the year went on but you could tell the ankle was hurting him. As good as he played down the stretch he could have been a step better, and you saw that in the Orange Bowl once he had a few weeks to get healthy. It's very exciting thinking he will be starting the season where he left off, and getting better from there. Oh yeah, and he's getting older, bigger, and stronger. Buckle up, folks!

Agree. His ability to erase a defender's angle was lessened somewhat due to injury (the Duke game?). JeT's best run was probably one that didn't count...the one againt VT along the sideline. He did have another ridiculous run that left a VT defender grasping at air. If CPJ didn't put JeT in the "no touch" zone in the Spring game, he would have had a pretty nice TD where he blew by 4 defenders.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I suspect we will see Byerly much sooner in games this year. Maybe CPJ wanted JT to get all the experience he could last year. He might want to protect him more this year.

With the inexperience at A&B backs, will defenses try to make Thomas pitch more often? That would make sense; take JT out of the offense as much as possible and hit him more often. I expect more Byerly, rocket tosses, passing, and straight dives to offset that.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I suspect we will see Byerly much sooner in games this year. Maybe CPJ wanted JT to get all the experience he could last year. He might want to protect him more this year.

With the inexperience at A&B backs, will defenses try to make Thomas pitch more often? That would make sense; take JT out of the offense as much as possible and hit him more often. I expect more Byerly, rocket tosses, passing, and straight dives to offset that.

This will hurt the team more than help honestly. We talk as if season is 80 games long and we have to protect JeT5 for the stretch run. Every game is crucial and requires your best each week. I know there is love fest for Byerly but there is no way I'm taking my best threat out.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This will hurt the team more than help honestly. We talk as if season is 80 games long and we have to protect JeT5 for the stretch run. Every game is crucial and requires your best each week. I know there is love fest for Byerly but there is no way I'm taking my best threat out.
I'd like to be up by 4-5 TDs in the 2nd half and then see Byerly.