Macon Telegraph article | CPJ says we may see Benson and Howard at once

MidtownJacket

Staff member
http://www.macon.com/sports/college/acc/georgia-tech/article176815516.html

Not sure if anyone else saw this.. but in the interview CPJ suggests he may have something cooking to get both KirVonte and Jerry on the field at the same time. Would be interesting to see them in a heavy set or goal line situation.

Excerpt from article:

Johnson also hinted that fans might see Benson and Howard in the backfield together.

“We don’t have anybody to run downhill,” Johnson said. “We may put him and Jerry out there together.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/sports/college/acc/georgia-tech/article176815516.html#storylink=cpy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I could see us putting in an I form set, benson in the full spot, howard behind him and running some power. I could also see a split back set behind Marshall with both backs in a 3 point stance threatening power run in either direction.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
We've been playing with the A back motion a little bit more. I saw one play against UNC where the AB ended up beside the BB like the "draw em offsides" play, but then we ran a play.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We've been playing with the A back motion a little bit more. I saw one play against UNC where the AB ended up beside the BB like the "draw em offsides" play, but then we ran a play.

Done it before. A more rare play. But we did it with Ant a few times. If u chart and follow our O closely over the years its funny cuz plays disappear for like 2-3 years that re appear. Although they are run like once every year, its just a rare play all of a sudden gets noticed. This is one of em.

What is interesting is paul is calling plays he did more commonly with josh....

Huntrey

Georgia Tech Fan
Done it before. A more rare play. But we did it with Ant a few times. If u chart and follow our O closely over the years its funny cuz plays disappear for like 2-3 years that re appear. Although they are run like once every year, its just a rare play all of a sudden gets noticed. This is one of em.

What is interesting is paul is calling plays he did more commonly with josh....

Seems like the WR end-around was called once/game back in the D. Thomas/S. Hill days, but I don't remember seeing it for at least a few years.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Really doubt we see split back veer.
Maybe more of that short motion that Quade did. "Downhill" leads me to think about the Power I that we use to run in the Dwyer days.

IMO, you have to keep Kirvonte's primary position at BB