Lynch, Qua, Jeune, Stewart...............

I love the title of this thread.

I've been preaching how good JeT threw the ball for us for quite some time. He will be missed. Especially on some of those 3rd and long 1st down converting passes.

Most of the big pass plays in the linked vid aren't of this type. Many are to wiiide open receivers. All of our QBs should be able to make these plays.

I think many are sleeping on our WRs who have been clutch big play guys and solid receivers when targeted.

Will we be able to make those long 3rd and 4th and longs JeT made? That's a big question mark. But, he will have playmakers able to make the catches if he puts the ball where it needs to be.
It was often incompletions or sacks while trying to pass that created third and long. We should have less down and distance issues if we run more effectively.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
FYI, as a Washington DC native (and therefore accent-less) Demetra's accent isn't bad. It's got a LITTLE bit of that upper midwest flat vowel thing but it's been mostly coached out of him. Not enough to drive me crazy, though. I know it's Atlanta, but I like my bpb guys to have a relatively neutral accent unless they're really, REALLY good (think Keith Jackson or something).

Color guys can be more accented, but this is a matter of taste, I recognize.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like Demetra WAAAAAY more than the last guy who I can't remember the name and don't even feel like looking up. Demetra actually goes above and beyond for GT, and you can tell he's not treating GT as a quick stopover on a ladder. Sure his voice isn't Wes Durham's one of a kind voice, but he's not trying to be someone he's not.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I like Demetra WAAAAAY more than the last guy who I can't remember the name and don't even feel like looking up. Demetra actually goes above and beyond for GT, and you can tell he's not treating GT as a quick stopover on a ladder. Sure his voice isn't Wes Durham's one of a kind voice, but he's not trying to be someone he's not.
His name is Brandon and I think you're mischaracterizing him.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
To each his own, I guess... I liked Brandon Gaudin, especially his back and forth with CPJ during the show... Of course, all pales in comparison to Big Al and the young left-hander (may they rest in peace)...

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I grew up on Wes Durham, so I miss him, but I think Brandon and Andy have both done a good job. I usually listen to the TV because it's hard to match up perfectly with the radio stream so I guess it doesn't really matter that much to me anyway. Back to the thread... someone mentioned that JeTs ability to get us out of 3rd and long will be missed, and I agree, but on the other hand I think with a larger QB that gets north and south a little more we may have less long 3rd downs. I am in no way hating on JeT. He is my second favorite GT QB in my lifetime after Joe

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Andy's growl is a little annoying, but the main thing is does he accurately and completely set up and describe the play? He does that very well and he's a GT homer so all is good in my book. The growl will grow on us if he sticks around.

“Mills at the B-back. Lynch, A-back right, Green, A-back left. …Thomas, toss sweep … Mills busting it outside, lowers his shoulder, across the goal line! Touchdown, Georgia Tech! And the freshman comes through! And in the nick of time, Georgia Tech takes the 16-14 lead!”

http://tunein.com/embed/player/i2480/

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to hear how many times Andy calls COTTrel CotTRELL and calls Matthew Jordan Jordan Matthews.