Loyola Chicago (8) vs. Georgia Tech (9), Friday, 4pm ET, TBS

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I am impressed with Loyola. We of course missed Moses but we did not out athlete them like we all hoped. They are a very good basketball team.

Our guards clearly out athleted them. We were fairly constantly getting past them while they were struggling to drive for most of the game at all. With Moses we'd have exposed their big guy even more.

Honestly, going in I thought they had gotten screwed with the seeding, but after watching them against us sans Moses I can see why they are an 8 seed.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Great season. Usher was phenomenal out there. Jose really never overcame the injuries on offense the last month or so. Hope he returns and please god bring in front court help. I think we saw today the gap between Moses and the rest of the bigs.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Usually I root for teams like that against the bigger factory schools but after today I’m leaning to the little 11 school. They just got away with a bit too much for me to root for them. Beat us straight up that would have been one thing but 19-9 with curious fouls taking our only size out of game & horrendous no calls, etc. Nope

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Well not having Moses and awful refs really did us in.

Two things:

Really proud of this team, I thought they played well considering the situation.

Loyola is a decent team and they got hot from 3.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Usually I root for teams like that against the bigger factory schools but after today I’m leaning to the little 11 school. They just got away with a bit too much for me to root for them. Beat us straight up that would have been one thing but 19-9 with curious fouls taking our only size out of game & horrendous no calls, etc. Nope
Illinois is one of the dirtiest teams in the country though.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Refs were ****ing awful. I hate to see a season come to an end because of refs. I love this team and what they did this year though! I couldn't be more proud of them and what they have accomplished!! I want to thank them for making GT basketball fun and relevant again.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

No doubt. They hit us at least 3 times in the face and nothing.

Deleted member 2897

Our best shooting of the season - 60% today. But of course Loyola couldn’t miss a 3. That’s the NCAAT!

Their center is a fat slow turd. No Moses and he almost wasn’t there.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Our guards clearly out athleted them. We were fairly constantly getting past them while they were struggling to drive for most of the game at all.
I have to diasgree. If your guards are breaking them down consistently, you score more than 60 against a team without an interior defender. I honestly thought they were our equivalent in terms of athletes. I think we may have won with Moses but that was a quality team that would have been a struggle even with our real #5. However I recognize that this is just my opinion after only seeing them once.