Louisville

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Effin' great. Now after having to play UNC & Duke to start the season, we get Louisville coming in at 0-2 in the conference. They will be breathing fire and ready to play lights out basketball.

I'm hoping the kids don't get demoralized and keep their heads up. The conference is brutally tough this year, but our schedule is insanely front-loaded

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yep, likely another 30+ point loss coming.
Just glad we got one of the first 3, that was a big bonus.

Our most winnable games are mostly the last 4-5 games of the season. Hopefully they don't get too demoralized by some of the beatdowns that are coming.
Any before then are huge upsets.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, I will still be there.. Looking forward to it actually! If we play with the type of energy that we did against UNC, then we can avoid the beat down.

We definitely will not catch them sleeping or flat, but hopefully our guys play with a little extra motivation about being taking out back last night.

That should challenge their manhood.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, unc missed open shots. Duke didn't. It's not like our D was that much better imo.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Our most winnable games are mostly the last 4-5 games of the season. Hopefully they don't get too demoralized by some of the beatdowns that are coming.
Any before then are huge upsets.

Hopefully we don't become demoralized. I plan to fully support CJP and the team.

I also hope the UNC win does not set false expectations. I consider that win a 'bonus' but realistically expect this to be a long season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If we win : WOW HUGE WIN FOR GT!! GREAT UPSET>
If we lose : Well we are supposed to lose.
It's honestly a win-win, I have loved watching our kids play this year even if we dont win. Im on the CJP Bandwagon.

This is true. We may not win a ton of conference games but at least our style of play puts some of our players in position to show glimpses of their potential. Instead of hot potato between the PG and. Wing followed by a prayer at the buzzer or a turnover on a post entry pass.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hey making Rothstein eat his own poo first game out of the ACC gate is worth a beat down by Duke...seeing as how the UNC/Duke/Louisville triumvirate was not going to end well for us anyhow. At least now we don't have to hear him crowing all season on Twitter about how he knew we would never win a game in the ACC.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I doubt this will be worse than the Duke game, but UL's three losses are to #2 Baylor, #11 UVA, and #23 ND. Oh, BTW, in the midst of those ACC losses they beat #6 UK and #25 Indiana. I have seen them three times and don't see how we keep the game close. They have nine guys who average more than 10 minutes per game, so Pitino can find combinations that work without much drop off in talent. And, unlike UNC, they take care of the ball.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
One fun side note about UL games. They have a guy on the bench who is rather intense. He's their strength & conditioning coach, Ray Ganong. Hard to describe, but if we get down big, spend a few minutes and just watch this dude. He is worth the price of admission and he takes his job as keeper of the folding timeout chairs very very seriously

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Pitino says Louisville faces 'must-win' at Georgia Tech Saturday
“With this league we’ve already lost a home game, which most teams don’t,” Pitino said “We’re in dead last place right now.

“So you say, ‘It’s only two games in.’ That's true. But you’ve got to be road tough. For (seven) years we were the best road team in the Big East …

“It’s a must-win game Saturday. We’ve got to get Georgia Tech.”

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
One fun side note about UL games. They have a guy on the bench who is rather intense. He's their strength & conditioning coach, Ray Ganong. Hard to describe, but if we get down big, spend a few minutes and just watch this dude. He is worth the price of admission and he takes his job as keeper of the folding timeout chairs very very seriously

Who is the bohemeth that is on our bench? White bald guy.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was a student when we played NC ST in a snow game. No one could get to the arena so only students were there. NCST just made it in and was playing in these new leotard uniforms. Rodney Monroe went nuts and we lost.