Louisville Post Game

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It’s quite incredible a team that gets beat 56-0 somehow looked better on defense than a team that lost by 5 and held that same team to 1-11 on 3rd downs.
Didn't Louisville play 4 different quarterbacks including Harrison Bailey who originally signed with Tennessee? That would indicate it could have been a lot worse.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Didn't Louisville play 4 different quarterbacks including Harrison Bailey who originally signed with Tennessee? That would indicate it could have been a lot worse.
Just checked and the box score shows 5 different QBs! Looks like Louisville emptied their bench. Murray State's superior tackling held them to below 700 yards, however.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Likely wins based on first week's games are V, VT, BC, BG, and SCS. To get to a bowl we have to beat one of Mi, S, or NC. Its tough without that Louisville game as a winner. Not much chance at the other 3.
WF without Hartman might be doable and could be the swing game to get to 6 and I don't know much about Syracuse. Also, we seem to have had UNC's number lately, but of course I'm wearing my gold tinted glasses.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
WF without Hartman might be doable and could be the swing game to get to 6 and I don't know much about Syracuse. Also, we seem to have had UNC's number lately, but of course I'm wearing my gold tinted glasses.
WF plays vandy today in Winston-Salem. Should get an idea of what they have this year without Hartman. Rain in NC may affect the game plan. Early game 11am EDT.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It’s quite incredible a team that gets beat 56-0 somehow looked better on defense than a team that lost by 5 and held that same team to 1-11 on 3rd downs.
He was being sardonic although I'm guessing you might have realized that....

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
WF plays vandy today in Winston-Salem. Should get an idea of what they have this year without Hartman. Rain in NC may affect the game plan. Early game 11am EDT.

I agree. I don’t think WF is as good as folks think they are since Notre Dame bought Hartman in free agency. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a tight game.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I don’t think WF is as good as folks think they are since Notre Dame bought Hartman in free agency. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a tight game.
I'm hoping it's very tight. That would mean we have a shot at them...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Hartman facing NC State in Raleigh today. Rain predicted. Would not be surprised if State won. This should be a good game.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Hartman facing NC State in Raleigh today. Rain predicted. Would not be surprised if State won. This should be a good game.

Agree there too. This is probably one of the best weeks of the season in terms of the number of relatively even matchups for games across the board.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Agree there too. This is probably one of the best weeks of the season in terms of the number of relatively even matchups for games across the board.

Also, Ole Miss plays a ranked (24) Tulane team today at 3:30, as well as Texas A&M vs. Miami. We'll get a preview of next week and see if the "U" is over-hyped as usual ...

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, Ole Miss plays a ranked (24) Tulane team today at 3:30, as well as Texas A&M vs. Miami. We'll get a preview of next week and see if the "U" is over-hyped as usual ...
Both Miami and Ole Miss seem to be looking pretty good…might be a tough road ahead the next few weeks.