Louisville - ACC Weekend #2

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No surprise with Austin out. Bit surprised Compton and 3rd and Malloy at 2nd. Would have expected Compton to go to 2nd since Malloy is so good at 3rd. Hall still at 6th in order is surprising to me, I'd put 8th or 9th. And Jenkins will hopefully have a breakout batting game. We are going to need a bunch of runs to beat these guys. (So it'll probably be a 2-0 game.)

6 Fr starting. Great for the future but have to watch them go through the growing pains.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Nice, nice win today. A good response to last night and the bats stayed hot after the late surge last night. Need to keep it up tomorrow and the main pieces in our pen are fully rested too.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Big W! Rubber match tomorrow could end up being big at the end of the season the way things are shaping up around the conference. Starting to look like these might be the two best teams. ACC Champ is basically guaranteed a National seed.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
ted cruz snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
.... to summarize the 2 games so far

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
No surprise with Austin out. Bit surprised Compton and 3rd and Malloy at 2nd. Would have expected Compton to go to 2nd since Malloy is so good at 3rd. Hall still at 6th in order is surprising to me, I'd put 8th or 9th. And Jenkins will hopefully have a breakout batting game. We are going to need a bunch of runs to beat these guys. (So it'll probably be a 2-0 game.)

6 Fr starting. Great for the future but have to watch them go through the growing pains.
Not surprising to me that Malloy was at 2B. I believe he's been moved to 2B in prior games during the late innings. Seems to be a versatile player. Surprised Compton at 3B though. Don't recall him playing 3B before, but perhaps that's his natural position?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Not surprising to me that Malloy was at 2B. I believe he's been moved to 2B in prior games during the late innings. Seems to be a versatile player. Surprised Compton at 3B though. Don't recall him playing 3B before, but perhaps that's his natural position?
He's played there a couple of times this year. He's definitely a corner IF though and doesn't really have the range to play 2nd.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Ok.. here comes Louisville. They are 6-2... having lost to some lessor teams. This will be their first ACC series as their schedule will be 12 straight conference weekends the rest of the way.

Not making any predictions after what we've seen so far this year. We followed up a nearly perfect weekend on the road at NCST by laying one of the largest eggs I've seen this team produce in quite a long time last night v Ga State. Head scratcher.

One of the great things about baseball is there is usually a 'next game' that comes quickly. This series is an BIG opportunity to put an outstanding start together to conference play. If you look at the standings right now... things are very much upside down. So... IF you think the preseason prognosticating was mostly accurate, Ga Tech is in a great spot. Of the top 4 predicted finishers by D1 in the Coastal, Ga Tech is 3-0 and the other 3 are all 1-2. So... already a 2 game advantage over those
Parada went 4for4 but only one RBI? I guess those HR cleared the bases in front of him, huh?

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Great to win a laugher. Got to attend in person and the park/field looks great. My takeaways are
1) Archer battled. Wasn’t alway dominant but kept making them put it in play.
2). Neither team looked like a top 20 team. 5 errors between the two teams, multiple past balls, who knows how many walks & HBP.
3). Jenkins looks VERY uncomfortable at first base. If he ends up there it will end up costing us outs & maybe games.
4). For those of you who think hall has a slow hook ....... be glad your not a Louisville fan
5) I thought if anything we got some favorable treatment by the HP ump. He was squeezing the Louisville starter pretty good
6) unlucky to be our secondbasemen. Anyone know how bad Malloy was hurt. Looked like a shoulder but I could hear him yelling when he hit the ground from 150ft away. Afraid we may be without him &’Wilhite for a while.
7). Got some youngun’s who really want to show they can play!
8) winning beats loosing

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
REDEMPTION

Yesterday we played like crap and lost big. Today L'Ville played like crap and lost big. Tomorrow? More tomorrow.

Maybe our team will play good baseball tomorrow. These guys shrugged off two bad, ugly and despicable baseball games to thrash an elite team.

I think Malloy dislocated his shoulder. Apparently it popped back and he should be ok. Also Austin's nose looked like a cut on the bridge. Sounds like football.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
REDEMPTION

Yesterday we played like crap and lost big. Today L'Ville played like crap and lost big. Tomorrow? More tomorrow.

Maybe our team will play good baseball tomorrow. These guys shrugged off two bad, ugly and despicable baseball games to thrash an elite team.

I think Malloy dislocated his shoulder. Apparently it popped back and he should be ok. Also Austin's nose looked like a cut on the bridge. Sounds like football.
Eh, dislocate a shoulder, pop it back in. Just like in the Die Hard movies. You're fine, right?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Great to win a laugher. Got to attend in person and the park/field looks great. My takeaways are
1) Archer battled. Wasn’t alway dominant but kept making them put it in play.
2). Neither team looked like a top 20 team. 5 errors between the two teams, multiple past balls, who knows how many walks & HBP.
3). Jenkins looks VERY uncomfortable at first base. If he ends up there it will end up costing us outs & maybe games.
4). For those of you who think hall has a slow hook ....... be glad your not a Louisville fan
5) I thought if anything we got some favorable treatment by the HP ump. He was squeezing the Louisville starter pretty good
6) unlucky to be our secondbasemen. Anyone know how bad Malloy was hurt. Looked like a shoulder but I could hear him yelling when he hit the ground from 150ft away. Afraid we may be without him &’Wilhite for a while.
7). Got some youngun’s who really want to show they can play!
8) winning beats loosing
5) Must've been trying to make up for yesterday.