Loudspeaker Volume at Bobby Dodd

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was uneasily reminded of the last time I heard the speakers this loud at Tech. It was a "feature" of B*** L****'s time at the Flats. Let's just hope that it goes the way of the "Juice Box".

Soon.
"All the way, turn't up" was about as annoying as it gets.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't even hear the announcer calling it "Money Down"
Muhammad Ali Dancing GIF

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
This thread has serious “get off my lawn” vibes
It could be taken that way.

However, my issue isn't just that it was"too loud". The EQ of the sound system was such that it was extremely loud and piercing. It is very possible to have the sound system sound as loud, but be pleasant. If anyone would like to say that the sound system sounded pleasant, I would like to hear that. I haven't seen anyone on here, or in any other place say that. I am ok with loud volume, IF the sound is set up to be pleasant.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I know. It's why I feel stupid complaining about it. It's a total old man complaint.
I'm 42. So I get that I'm old compared to the youngs, but I'm not THAT damn ancient.
I enjoy loud music. What's going on at Bobby Dodd is just ear splitting, brain drilling torture.
I’m not laughing AT you… I am laughing WITH you.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I know. It's why I feel stupid complaining about it. It's a total old man complaint.
I'm 42. So I get that I'm old compared to the youngs, but I'm not THAT damn ancient.
I enjoy loud music. What's going on at Bobby Dodd is just ear splitting, brain drilling torture.
I wonder what the decibel level is. Probably doesn't matter to me because at 69 I already have constant tinnitus which probably can't get much worse, but younger folks should be concerned about it:

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Good topic. We need to call the Tech office and complain. It is too loud and too constant. How about letting the band play on occasion, or heaven forbid have 30 seconds of silence and let the fans take a deep breath.. I would love to talk to my buddies during time outs but I have to scream and even then they cannot hear me. It is beyond unbearable. My wife will not go to game any more because of it.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Good topic. We need to call the Tech office and complain. It is too loud and too constant. How about letting the band play on occasion, or heaven forbid have 30 seconds of silence and let the fans take a deep breath.. I would love to talk to my buddies during time outs but I have to scream and even then they cannot hear me. It is beyond unbearable. My wife will not go to game any more because of it.
Indeed.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
As a ST holder, yesterday I got another one of those “tell us how your experience was, but we’re never going to do anything about it “ surveys and I mentioned how the volume was uncomfortably loud. Perhaps if enough people called the ticket office and complained something might be done.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I don’t mind the speaker volume. Kevin Payne is a TERRIFIC PA guy and hearing him go it’s FIRST AND TEN GEORGIA TECH and that whistle blowing is always pleasing.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what the decibel level is. Probably doesn't matter to me because at 69 I already have constant tinnitus which probably can't get much worse, but younger folks should be concerned about it:

I know my Apple Watch was sending me alerts that the decibel level was over 90 decibels…

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I
As a ST holder, yesterday I got another one of those “tell us how your experience was, but we’re never going to do anything about it “ surveys and I mentioned how the volume was uncomfortably loud. Perhaps if enough people called the ticket office and complained something might be done.
Did the same, and I also complained about the items in my next response.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I’m under 40 but our sound system is a debacle. Like someone already mentioned, you can’t even really enjoy chatting with people around you during timeouts and such because it’s obnoxious.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I don’t mind the speaker volume. Kevin Payne is a TERRIFIC PA guy and hearing him go it’s FIRST AND TEN GEORGIA TECH and that whistle blowing is always pleasing.
He did make several mistakes with players' names this game.

Also the video board kept showing field goal attempt during PATs.

There wasn't a large crowd, and not many visiting fans, but I haven't seen those kinds of mistakes at other venues. Even FCS and D2 games I have been to dummy make those kinds of mistakes. I have seen high school announcers get names wrong, but I think those were all of the visiting team.