LOS

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
We keep getting owned on the LOS, especially our Oline gets manhandled .. yet we don’t seem to be very focused on recruiting there & when we do we lose out on the big guys .. is this because of the stringent academic policies or what? I just don’t get it

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We keep getting owned on the LOS, especially our Oline gets manhandled .. yet we don’t seem to be very focused on recruiting there & when we do we lose out on the big guys .. is this because of the stringent academic policies or what? I just don’t get it
For the portal our grad program having course offering in summer (?) Lead to Tennesse transfer Ryan Johnson.
He had offer from Ala and Miss but they could not get him in with out wait a yesr.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Today we had a couple of new faces playing at OL. Pitt was bringing the heat. I thought we did a poor job for the most part in making them pay for it with screens and were beaten in the run game for the most part.

On defense, I think Thacker did bring heat early and they burned us. Much like Roof, I think the idea is that if you can’t get pressure with 5, you might as well bring the minimum. They also held quite a bit. Made some good adjustments at half time and our rush was subpar instead of non-existent.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Today we had a couple of new faces playing at OL. Pitt was bringing the heat. I thought we did a poor job for the most part in making them pay for it with screens and were beaten in the run game for the most part.

On defense, I think Thacker did bring heat early and they burned us. Much like Roof, I think the idea is that if you can’t get pressure with 5, you might as well bring the minimum. They also held quite a bit. Made some good adjustments at half time and our rush was subpar instead of non-existent.
Pitt played the old BC/Matt Ryan offense. Hold on every play and force the refs to call it

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Can’t tell if you’re serious.

I don’t follow recruiting closely, but I’m fairly confident we have 2 4star DTs committed and a 4 star OL committed this year.

As mentioned above, we’ve hit the portal hard on the OL.

There were some big hole to fill when Collins and crew arrived on the LOS and you can’t snap your fingers and wipe away the years of negative recruiting against GT because of the TO.

I will say I’m disappointed the OL isn’t better because I would’ve thought Key could’ve coached up some of the transfers better.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
People get paid to coach these kids on the lines. Tell me who is responsible. The ones who get paid to get them and put a quality product on the field or the product themselves.
Both are responsible. The cook should know how to make chicken salad but he/she “needs the ingredients”.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
It seems like we went from being an OL that was good at run blocking but poor at pass blocking, to a line that is just bad at both (Cochrane's pass blocking excluded). Assuming no changes in the current coaching staff/performance, we will need more than one or two 4-star freshmen to make a significant improvement in 2022. I think we'll have to acquire at least a couple of real dudes from the portal if we want to be better on OL. Not a good long-term strategy, but it's What's Important Now, right?

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
We will see changes in the staff at the end of the year. Stansbury will put the pressure on. I don't think Key is worth a damn. Been saying this for a while. I was thinking about it... If Coach Pat is fired before the end of the year (if the play-calling continues to be like it was today), Key would become the OC. It would be a disaster.

Pitt's o-line manhandled our d-line. The difference in the performance of the lines was obvious.

Was able to go to the game and the size difference between this team and CPJ's is obvious. But, the coaching..... ehhhhhhhh

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
We will see changes in the staff at the end of the year. Stansbury will put the pressure on. I don't think Key is worth a damn. Been saying this for a while. I was thinking about it... If Coach Pat is fired before the end of the year (if the play-calling continues to be like it was today), Key would become the OC. It would be a disaster.

Pitt's o-line manhandled our d-line. The difference in the performance of the lines was obvious.

Was able to go to the game and the size difference between this team and CPJ's is obvious. But, the coaching..... ehhhhhhhh
Patenaude does some things that are great. Then follows it up with head scratchers. Wonder if he sometimes over thinks things.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have had 2.4 years of really bad performance inside the 10 yard line. Three more failures today. Something needs to change.

I remain baffled by this one thing...we gave up over 40 points in the first half (yes one TD was a pick six). In the vast nyriad of problems that we face, why does this one particular issue stick in the craw of so many people's throats???? Say we scored 14 more points today...is that really the issue we have????? Not saying the play calling is perfect but this is a fixation imo for many posters. It's akin to complaining about the paint job when the transmission isn't working.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
LOS? Line of scrimmage? I don't know where it is because it seems like the other team keeps pushing it back towards our goal. TIC

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I remain baffled by this one thing...we gave up over 40 points in the first half (yes one TD was a pick six). In the vast nyriad of problems that we face, why does this one particular issue stick in the craw of so many people's throats???? Say we scored 14 more points today...is that really the issue we have????? Not saying the play calling is perfect but this is a fixation imo for many posters. It's akin to complaining about the paint job when the transmission isn't working.
If you have great linemen, you could run the single wing and move the football. "A lineman, a lineman, my kingdom for some linemen" with apologies to Shakespear and Richard III.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure that I can agree that not getting any points when you have a 1st-and-goal situation is a ”paint job” problem…but I agree that there are other, bigger problems to address after today’s game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Coach P has not shown good play calling in the red zone in 3 years. if he was good at it we would have scored that potential tying TD against Clemson. His play calling has been abysmal in the red zone since he got here. Everyone talks about the shovel pass but we had 3 chances before that. Frustrating since we had one of the best in the red zone before him.
Did we do anything extraordinary on D today other than rotate a few players. looked pretty pedestrian to me and unable to get pressure. looked like we quit trying to blitz and just dropped into coverage. that didn't work either. that was a total beatdown today.