Looking ahead

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I know this can be said most years but if whoever the next QB is can be productive and our D can step up some we can have a very special year in 2017. Our O line has looked very good for most of the year with as young as they are, also our passing game has taken a step up. We will have mills, and Marshall with another year under their belt, and some very very good A backs. We also have home games against UGA, VT, UNC, Pitt, and Wake. I think our O line and skilled guys can majorly help whoever the new QB is as he gets going early in the season. The D will need to continue to get those turnovers and get off the field a little better. Man I'm pumped for the bowl game and next year. Hopefully we win the close games next year because we were so close to having a 10-2 season.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I'm pulling for Jordan but Lucas seems to have the best arm out of all of our QBs and we have a great cast of receivers out of the backfield and out wide to support him. Let's face it our offense really depended on passing game all year and it got me back on board with the triple O. We really have a dynamic offense with our passing game being effective. Until this year we never really seemed to throw over the middle to our ABs and that seems to be a key factor in whether you can stop our offense or not. It's so easy to lose track of those guys when you are thinking it's a run. I like what I'm seeing from the offense, just gotta work on the defense more.

I'm pulling for Jordan but Lucas seems to have the best arm out of all of our QBs and we have a great cast of receivers out of the backfield and out wide to support him. Let's face it our offense really depended on passing game all year and it got me back on board with the triple O. We really have a dynamic offense with our passing game being effective. Until this year we never really seemed to throw over the middle to our ABs and that seems to be a key factor in whether you can stop our offense or not. It's so easy to lose track of those guys when you are thinking it's a run. I like what I'm seeing from the offense, just gotta work on the defense more.
Paul Johnson once said (or was said to have said) that he didn't need a short passing game. Sure am glad he changed his mind about that. That was our salvation this year.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Paul Johnson once said (or was said to have said) that he didn't need a short passing game. Sure am glad he changed his mind about that. That was our salvation this year.

Not to be overlooked was the dramatic improvement in pass protection this year. I'm not sure if it was tweaks by PJ, the addition of Ron West, new guys up front, or a combination of factors that made such a difference. That to me was the most important thing that improved our passing game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We've had a passing attack the past 3 years for once. I hope someone can keep that going. I'm not 100% on MJ but I'd rather have someone that can run the base than someone who can pass.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Short passing game? I'll bet we are near the top of the nation in yards per attempt. You are right in that our passing game really helped us this year, short stuff or not.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Personally I think GT should pass more. It really keeps the defense off balance and opens up the runs.

Needs help at DT, linebacker, & definitely more edge rushers on D. Just an overall talent upgrade on D.

New QB next season should be interesting.
Hope to see more
Benson
Quade
Cottrell
Campbell Christian

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Win close games? This team won games against BC by 3, Duke by 3, and uga by 1. They went 3-1 in one score games. That's damn good (and lucky).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not to be overlooked was the dramatic improvement in pass protection this year. I'm not sure if it was tweaks by PJ, the addition of Ron West, new guys up front, or a combination of factors that made such a difference. That to me was the most important thing that improved our passing game.
Agree .
In past we did not hold.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally I think GT should pass more. It really keeps the defense off balance and opens up the runs.

Needs help at DT, linebacker, & definitely more edge rushers on D. Just an overall talent upgrade on D.

New QB next season should be interesting.
Hope to see more
Benson
Quade
Cottrell
Campbell Christian
Absent injuries and/or attrition, I'm not sure how Benson, Quade or Cottrell get much playing time. Not sure on Campbell-Is he at safety now?

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Absent injuries and/or attrition, I'm not sure how Benson, Quade or Cottrell get much playing time. Not sure on Campbell-Is he at safety now?

Cottrell is returning kicks, so he will at least have a special teams role. Quaide and Benson likely riding the bench though