Looking ahead to next week ...YES PLEASE !

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Where are our LB - ???
View attachment 4116
Too often filling wrong hole and not aware of ball location.

I say let's get up closer to line and send at least 5 .
Good question. both at wrong hole. The line is not showing pass blocks. There should have been a collision at the hole, unless the QB optioned and held on to ball.

Why isn't holding called on USF for hugging our #32? Arm on his back and essentially inside both his arms.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
So I look at it all this way. We lost because of 2 kick off returns. Our defense played very well the first half and then USF started throwing quick outs and we have always had trouble with those. Woody did not want to surrender the deep ball so he played off. Looking back I think he should have come up and hoped that we could get to the QB on the deep. But there is one thing I noticed yesterday that I have noticed a lot lately. Where are our inside linebackers? I think they were slow to respond yesterday and took some really bad angles.

Now on to next week and beyond.
Pitt will try the power running game and so we need to be prepared. As far as our offense, Pitt is slow so look for no let up on scoring. By the way, they also have a very good kick returner so we better prepare for that.

The rest of the way. UVA, UNC, BG, Louisville all look very beatable. Will we well I am just listing beatable.
Miami, VT, Duke to me are all toss ups. I have seen nothing from these teams that say other wise.
Clemson and UGA, well let's just call them as seen right now as losses.
7-5 or 8-4.

Our offense will only face two defenses that might be able to stop it and those I have listed as losses.

Most things you cannot control up front. One you can. We can chose not to kick the ball off to their good returner. That is one plus for them we can take away.