Looking ahead to 2019

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That's what they thought, too. Maybe until that 68-50 licking GT put on them with its gimmick offense. Sure made a believer out of Fedora and remains one of my favorite Johnson/Georgia Tech games, with the first Georgia game being the all-time, hall of fame, shazam moments. Critics can say what they will, but he has given us some memorable episodes at Tech. (Including, I will admit, a couple of what-the-hell just happened here losses.)

I was there! oh that hurt. Who was the qb? He was good - bend but don't break D didnt affect him! We were ahead and bam bam two quick scores

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Here's the 2019 GT football schedule but most of the dates haven't been set yet

@Virginia
South Florida
The Citadel
North Carolina
@Temple
@Miami
Pitt
@Clemson
Virginia Tech
@Duke
North Carolina State
Georgia

Yikes ....lots of places where we seem to struggle....
@UVA @Miami @Clemson @Duke and BDS vs mutts....
Only bullet we dodge is not playing @VT

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't GT lose some offensive linemen after the 2018 season? GT will also have to find a new starting QB in 2019.
Kinda why this is a really big year for PJ and the program. We lose a lot on O. Especially at the skill positions (QB & A back) along with most of our front 7 on D.
8/9 win season is a must this year, if not more. Struggle to make a bowl or not make one & 2019 could be a rough year too. A lot to replace.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Kinda why this is a really big year for PJ and the program. We lose a lot on O. Especially at the skill positions (QB & A back) along with most of our front 7 on D.
8/9 win season is a must this year, if not more. Struggle to make a bowl or not make one & 2019 could be a rough year too. A lot to replace.
I agree with you and a bad year in 2018 and another bad year in 2019 could very well see GT with a new head football coach in 2020.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Man, Clemson will be GOOD in 2019...I have no clue who they will have in terms of RBs, WRs, DLs, LBs, DBs, OLs (basically the entire team lol)...but they will have Trevor Lawrence. He's probably the most gifted pure passer I've seen on the HS level in a while. He's probably entering Clemson a better passer than Deshaun Watson, and we all know how he turned out. He's a pass first/second/third QB, but he's also pretty good in the open field. Not Deshaun Watson good, but he will make defenses pay. Clemson in 2019 will be a TOUGH game for us...but should be a good game.

Hopefully by then Nate Woody's defense will be running in stride and Lawrence will spend his time picking himself from the grass all game. I have a feeling it will be a coming out party for the Lucas Johnson as well on the national stage as he outduels Lawrence.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Man, Clemson will be GOOD in 2019...I have no clue who they will have in terms of RBs, WRs, DLs, LBs, DBs, OLs (basically the entire team lol)...but they will have Trevor Lawrence. He's probably the most gifted pure passer I've seen on the HS level in a while. He's probably entering Clemson a better passer than Deshaun Watson, and we all know how he turned out. He's a pass first/second/third QB, but he's also pretty good in the open field. Not Deshaun Watson good, but he will make defenses pay. Clemson in 2019 will be a TOUGH game for us...but should be a good game.

Hopefully by then Nate Woody's defense will be running in stride and Lawrence will spend his time picking himself from the grass all game. I have a feeling it will be a coming out party for the Lucas Johnson as well on the national stage as he outduels Lawrence.
Clemson's DTs and DEs are Juniors and Seniors in 2018 and it wouldn't shock me if their entire DL declared for the NFL after the 2018 season. Clemson's LBs are two Seniors and a Junior and they could declare for the NFL also.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Seeing GT players with pieces of the hedge is always one of my favorite things about Georgia Tech wins over Georgia in Cesspool Stadium:cool:

one of my favorite things about beating the mutts in their own yard is drinking all their liquor in the private box we get access to, thank to some generous dwag friends, after the game.