Looking ahead to 2019

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think the defending national champions vs CU is a good way to launch 2019.
Your in luck. I think they could have 3 or 4 on the DL leaving after this year (starters). That’s the big place they have been beating us at, the LOS. I’d be happy with them having all new starters on the DL that hopefully don’t have a ton of playing experience.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Was going to post something almost similar. I can’t see the new QB having a TM type first game vs Clemson. Hopefully half there D leaves for the NFL after 2018. Lol
Well, we know the for D linemen who returned for 2018 will be gone, probably all first rounders to the NFL, and supposedly a safety and one cornerback are sure things. That's the good news. The bad news is that all those players will be on the field against us this fall, and they are supposed to be loaded, again, two deep at almost every position, going into 2019. It seems reasonable to me that the ACC network would be fools to open with anybody other than Clemson, but if the scheduling can be done and FSU can be talked into it, that would settle things in a hurry and a national TV audience would be salivating. Fans of both see Georgia Tech and Clemson as a great rivalry, and it is, but our inconsistency has diluted our national brand, and that audience is less aware of previous seasons. So my money would be Clemson as a lock against somebody other than Georgia Tech, even what used to be called an intersectional rivalry, played right there in Atlanta.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Maybe North Carolina and Pitt but I think Duke will have cutcliffe for a while.
I doubt Cutcliffe is going anywhere. He coaches somewhat as does Swinney at Clemson, as a CEO and not very much hands on position coaching at all, though he specializes in QBs. In short, he is not wearing himself out with 18 hour days. As well, word has it that the really good -- 4-star -- QB who played very well in spots as a freshman for Clemson, something like 21 of of 27 passing attempts and decent rushing yardage, but who has left Clemson after the recruitment of the 5-star Lawrence kid, is looking at Duke. It's pretty certain Swinney would not block his transfer there so Cutcliffe would have another hotshot QB prospect and project. That kid can play some, and sans Lawrence, would have competed to start this fall.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I doubt Cutcliffe is going anywhere. He coaches somewhat as does Swinney at Clemson, as a CEO and not very much hands on position coaching at all, though he specializes in QBs. In short, he is not wearing himself out with 18 hour days. As well, word has it that the really good -- 4-star -- QB who played very well in spots as a freshman for Clemson, something like 21 of of 27 passing attempts and decent rushing yardage, but who has left Clemson after the recruitment of the 5-star Lawrence kid, is looking at Duke. It's pretty certain Swinney would not block his transfer there so Cutcliffe would have another hotshot QB prospect and project. That kid can play some, and sans Lawrence, would have competed to start this fall.
(y)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think Scott Satterfield head coach of Appalachian State would be a candidate and so would James Madison head coach Mike Houston. I think they would be Candidates for the North Carolina and Pitt head coaching job as well.
Why do you think Narduzzi is in trouble at Pitt? He's 21-17 and has had just three years so that would be a quick hook for a guy who has some respect from his fellow ACC coaches. (I think I recall Pitt beating Clemson and another top 10 team in that span.) Last year was a downer with just five wins but he won eight each of the previous two years. Is something going on with him? )

As for UNC, the quicker the snarky Fedora gets busted the better. No reason UNC should not be contending for ACC titles every year, and so far he has been in the title game once. And he always seems surprised at something the other team did in the course of a game. Just kind of perplexed.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Why do you think Narduzzi is in trouble at Pitt? He's 21-17 and has had just three years so that would be a quick hook for a guy who has some respect from his fellow ACC coaches. (I think I recall Pitt beating Clemson and another top 10 team in that span.) Last year was a downer with just five wins but he won eight each of the previous two years. Is something going on with him? )

As for UNC, the quicker the snarky Fedora gets busted the better. No reason UNC should not be contending for ACC titles every year, and so far he has been in the title game once. And he always seems surprised at something the other team did in the course of a game. Just kind of perplexed.
Personally i think Pitt wins 2 or maybe 3 games in 2018 they're going to be really bad and it's very possible that Narduzzi will be fired.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

That's all we need - Un cheat getting a good coach and a better record. if they move into the lower end of clemson, uga, miami, vt , we can count on ga tech being in the conversation for toughest scedule every year.
We need some teams we play to have crappie coaches.
Heck even Cutcliffe has been giving us fits

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I thought Fedora was going to have UNcheat competing for the coastal every year.
That's what they thought, too. Maybe until that 68-50 licking GT put on them with its gimmick offense. Sure made a believer out of Fedora and remains one of my favorite Johnson/Georgia Tech games, with the first Georgia game being the all-time, hall of fame, shazam moments. Critics can say what they will, but he has given us some memorable episodes at Tech. (Including, I will admit, a couple of what-the-hell just happened here losses.)