Looking Ahead- BB

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm hoping Thomas' ball handling skills will add to the productivity of the B Back position and not detract. That is a key element of how productive the B Back position can and will be.

Go Jackets!
Too bad Robbie didn't have one more year left or we'd have bonafide running threats in all three backfield positions. What's a D to do, over play the dive, the pitch or the keep? You can't do all three.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't hold your breath on this. CPJ is not going to change up his offense from what he's been doing for the last 20 years. Remember, we were going to throw the ball more last year with VL at QB.
We did throw more with Vad. He did change alot of the offense for Vad. He just wasnt.commited to being really good at the TO so the rest got scrapped until he showed a willingness to perfect the base offense.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
I wouldn't hold your breath on this. CPJ is not going to change up his offense from what he's been doing for the last 20 years. Remember, we were going to throw the ball more last year with VL at QB.

GT did pass the ball more with Vad. For 2008-2011, the number ranged from 165 to 168 pass attempts per season. In 2012, Vad's redshirt Freshman year, pass attempts jumped to 194 for the year. In 2013, with Vad as the started, the team attempted 203 passes. The pass attempts per game values are 12.6 for 2008-2011, 13.8 in 2012, and 15.6 in 2013. Relative to the pre-Vad years, CPJ was running an Air Raid offense with Vad.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I think he'll pass more with JT too, I just don't see JT being asked to pound the rock a la Nesbitt. I just want to see the offense run smoothly.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I think also we passed more because we weren't getting a lot of positive plays on 1st down like we are accustomed to. There were a ton of TO plays on first down that got blown up due to poor reads or poor blocking, or vad being indecisive and falling down or trying to reverse field and falling down. So we were 2nd and 12 instead of 2nd and 5.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think also we passed more because we weren't getting a lot of positive plays on 1st down like we are accustomed to. There were a ton of TO plays on first down that got blown up due to poor reads or poor blocking, or vad being indecisive and falling down or trying to reverse field and falling down. So we were 2nd and 12 instead of 2nd and 5.

Fwiw, the stats say we basically increased attempts for each down by the same amount.