Lil Jon Highlight...

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Ok am I the only who watches the blocking on video's like that and gets excited about it? Shamire Devine is going to kill somebody...#shamirewilleatyou

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok am I the only who watches the blocking on video's like that and gets excited about it? Shamire Devine is going to kill somebody...#shamirewilleatyou

I get really excited about the AB and WR blocking the most. And also the OL at the second level. You have to have everyone doing their job; but those blocks down field are really exciting to me and are what set us apart from other teams. I watch other games and see how good we are becoming at blocking.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I get really excited about the AB and WR blocking the most. And also the OL at the second level. You have to have everyone doing their job; but those blocks down field are really exciting to me and are what set us apart from other teams. I watch other games and see how good we are becoming at blocking.
Absolutely. It's funny, when I first started watching Paul's offense I primarily watched the ball. Wherever it went, that seemed pretty exciting. Now, I find myself watching the blocking as much or more. Final results take care of themselves when the blocking is as it should be.

3 things stood out to me just now:
* On the first P. Skov td, it seems the O-line is in the endzone long before he is. That was a stark sight. That second-level blocking was rocking the hole open for him.
* While J. Golden doesn't have the burner speed of some returners, his vision and feel for making cuts really stands out on the one featured return here. I realize the speed/talent of our competition made this different than many games will be this year. Still, it's fun to watch him do what he does for us on ST.
* Same sort of deal with Marshall running. His vision and feel can't be taught. I can't wait until he figures out what he's doing.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I still watch the ball and in front of the ball/the read.

That's my favorite part. Also when the A-back gets the pitch and runs and then you see the WR pancaking the DB as the a-back sprints by.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Wait until we unleash the crack block from the WR for the ND game.......hope we have someone who loves that block.... Smelter did!!!....

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
JT's spin move was indeed better than Braxton Miller's.
It would of been awesome if after justin faked the pitch the first time and than after the spin move if he than pitched it. A back kept the pitch relationship pretty good and he probably would of had a td. Would of been awesome to see the pitch after he had already faked a pitch and put a spin on a defender.

ATLGT14

Georgia Tech Fan
From those highlights you can tell why Summers and Jeune are starting at WR. When they block people they lock them up and stay engaged.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
JT's spin move was indeed better than Braxton Miller's.

Hehe...as much as I'd love for this to be true, I'm just not sure it is. I love my Jackets, but that move Braxton put on that guy at full speed was just ridiculous. I know VT isn't exactly a top ten team, but Ohio State looked really, really good on Monday night...and they have quite possibly the easiest schedule I've ever seen. They are a shoe-in for the playoff. Let's see if we can get a crack at 'em...

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You know what Nuke, you are so right about this setting us apart. Most programs are so busy trying to bring in the best runners on the planet to play on their teams. I get that, but when you teach and repp blocking like we do, and get all 9 guys, who don't have a handle on the ball, doing it well, the net effect is much greater. It is combustible. We have really good runners on our team right now, but we would still be a good offense without them. That makes us different and it is fun to watch. When I watch games live, I just follow the ball like most people. However, for me, watching the replays and seeing the schematic and passionate nature of our blocking, is sublime.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Back when I played, when plays were drawn up on a chalkboard you could see that if everyone got their block, the runner could take it all the way. What I love about our offense is that you can see that very thing unfold often during a game. Not that it doesn't happen some times with other teams but I can more clearly see the steps with this offense and that is fun for me to follow.