Let's not have a ghost town after a win, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's easy to get a little too up after a game like today. Hope our players don't do so and prep for NC State like they haven't won a game yet. We ain't good enough to get too big for our britches. Think we played a bit that way vs Puke

We played with lot more aggression and that did put some rush on the plays I am thinking about but they made lots of errors
Got to tightn up even more for rest of year to be fun.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What happened to all the guys bragging on Tenuta last week and wishing he were still at Tech. He IS a good DC, but he sure didn't have an answer for Tech's offense today, nor did he last year. I'm still withholding judgment on Roof, but the more effective defense today belonged to the Jackets.
I hear you, but we have the best O in FBS. The uva O didn't help him.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
What happened to all the guys bragging on Tenuta last week and wishing he were still at Tech. He IS a good DC, but he sure didn't have an answer for Tech's offense today, nor did he last year. I'm still withholding judgment on Roof, but the more effective defense today belonged to the Jackets.

I hope you realize that you're using the same line of reasoning that people use to discredit our O - "The O can't put up points against top D's, so it sucks".

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Too busy celebrating this great day at BDS@HGF, and the DWAGS getting pounded than to waste my time on a message board.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer

Tenuta's one trick D works great against one trick Os.

Seems we have figured out the blueprint to shutting down conventional defenses.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
hqdefault.jpg

Because you are using his performance against our O as the sole metric for measuring his competence. This is a similar argument to people who used our O's performance against VT in years previous to conclude that our O is ineffective.
Well, I don't see it like that, but you're entitled to your opinion. Incidentally, I don't buy the "we can't put up points against a good defense" argument anyway. Other than Iowa, I can't think of any defense we have faced whom we could not have beat if we had simply had a good defense ourselves.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck

Lol, are you illiterate or just disingenuous? To a man, the Tenuta club all said he would struggle because he doesn't match up well against spread Os. That's all documented.

@vamosjackets went into detail about how it's hard to be aggressive against a spread O.

I'm going to go with disingenuous. You could take a few lessons in class, and I'd pay for them.

Also, 2 of our scoring drives started on their 40 or better. JT and the A backs had their lowest output of the season. Like I said, the passing game hit big plays because they were on an island.

Tv announcers said it was their best cover corner's worst day all season - welcome to Smelter.

We also had just over 4 YPC, easily worst all season.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I know - I predicted Tenuta would sell out to stop the outside run and make us win up the middle and in passing. "Left handed" because clearly our outside run game is lethal with JT.

If it hadn't been so windy we would have torched them even more passing.

That's a new dimension we have never had before.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What is cool is we have 2 ridiculously good AB recruits and two terrific WR recruits coming in. Plus a some solid BB recruits and OL. Looks like we are reloading boys!

Yep. Those of us who expected (or wanted) CPJ to be on his way out better think again. I'm in that club, but it's plain he's earning an extension to his contract.