Let's not have a ghost town after a win, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease....

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
That was a quality win. The O seemed in control most of the game, righting itself after a few bad series. The D did what we wanted all year, kept a lid on the opposing team to give the O a chance to score. A great game all around. Real proud to be a Jacket today!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
JT is hurt in some way. Don't know if it is a lower or upper or both body injury. Probably lower. But he is fighting through it. JT just doesn't have the same acceleration and (smartly) isn't sacrificing his body for a few more yards.

Oh, come on. We all know how JT got hurt. Duke? Rolling over ankles? Right in front of refs? With that little extra hands-on twist at the end?

Kudos to the guy for his fortitude in leading our offense so well when he is less than his usual 100% 110% 120%.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Said some of this in another thread. Best overall game thus far this year. We were making plays in all 3 phases of the game and beat UVA in all three handily.
Really loved those first two series on D. Who can't love a good 3 and out though? Pat Gamble looked like our answer at DE. From what I could see from the stands he held the edge well, got some good rush, and got his big mitts up to bat at least one pass down. Seemed to mix our coverages up pretty well. And disguised coverages better but that's purely opinion from my untrained eye. Guys were flying around on D and making plays. We didn't win every contested ball but sure seemed to contest a lot more of them today. Tackled well also. Golden had a real good game. The downer of the game was definitely Gambles injury. Praying its minor.
On O, JT managed the game well. Made some very nice throws on a very windy day. Days had maybe his best game and is really balling. Has done so this year at both back positions. Thought the pass on his TD reception was gonna be just out of reach or off his fingertips. Did a good job pulling it in and the rest was a cakewalk into the endzone. Love to see this great kid succeeding. Receivers played solid making plays and moving the sticks when needed. We spread the ball around on O and everybody stepped up making plays. Special teams play balled out too. Just a helluva game all around. Well done Jackets.
Really need to say this too. Our Oline is playing some dominating ball. Best Oline of the CPJ era. It's great to be a Yellow Jacket.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
UVAs first 2 possessions were 3 and outs. Great day for the defense.

Days is a physical runner. Virginia defense looked fast to me, maybe the best D we've faced to date.

And like my wingman said, when Byerly puts 2 hands on the ball, he's getting ready to run over somebody.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Said some of this in another thread. Best overall game thus far this year. We were making plays in all 3 phases of the game and beat UVA in all three handily.
Really loved those first two series on D. Who can't love a good 3 and out though? Pat Gamble looked like our answer at DE. From what I could see from the stands he held the edge well, got some good rush, and got his big mitts up to bat at least one pass down. Seemed to mix our coverages up pretty well. And disguised coverages better but that's purely opinion from my untrained eye. Guys were flying around on D and making plays. We didn't win every contested ball but sure seemed to contest a lot more of them today. Tackled well also. Golden had a real good game. The downer of the game was definitely Gambles injury. Praying its minor.
On O, JT managed the game well. Made some very nice throws on a very windy day. Days had maybe his best game and is really balling. Has done so this year at both back positions. Thought the pass on his TD reception was gonna be just out of reach or off his fingertips. Did a good job pulling it in and the rest was a cakewalk into the endzone. Love to see this great kid succeeding. Receivers played solid making plays and moving the sticks when needed. We spread the ball around on O and everybody stepped up making plays. Special teams play balled out too. Just a helluva game all around. Well done Jackets.
Gamble was hurt and got carted off the field. Prior to that he was having a good game. He moves around in space very, very well. I hope he's not hurt too badly.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Oh, come on. We all know how JT got hurt. Duke? Rolling over ankles? Right in front of refs? With that little extra hands-on twist at the end?

Kudos to the guy for his fortitude in leading our offense so well when he is less than his usual 100% 110% 120%.
This ^^^^ many times over!

Goldisbest

Georgia Tech Fan
I froze too but was glad to be there. Days picked up a lot of yards after the first contact. He made something out of nothing on a number of plays. Way to step up D. One of the most enjoyable games I have seen on the Flats in awhile, much less anxiety than I usually experience. Oh yeah, and to look up at the scoreboard and see Florida winning was another plus.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Love how we are getting playing time for everyone! We will need them all in late November. Sham ire is recruiting talent to gt one pancake block at a time. What a hole he made on the down block for the pulling guard to kick out for our speed back DAYS big gain

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Team is averaging 38 points a game (35 today) and has the best 3rd down conversion rate in the country. We put 30 more points on Pitt than any other team this season and beat Virginia by 3 touchdowns more than any other team on their schedule. The offense is efficient and can score quickly when the opposing defense makes the slightest mistake. Today the Virginia offense felt the pressure immediately to keep up their scoring and not miss their turn whenever Tech scored. Meanwhile, with that kind of pressure on Virginia's offense, Tech's defense kept them from getting in sync and developing any confidence. Overall a very solid team win.