Let's not have a ghost town after a win, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease....

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
My biggest critique of our offense has always been lack of diversity. When Virginia adjusted after the 1st quarter and started taking away the edge we still found a way to get it done. The D is improving, my take on that is at DE, changing up to get some size and quickness and DB's with more press coverage.

Something else I saw from the AJC, is the number of 4/5 Star recruits UVA had on the field compared to us ... I'll take our team over theirs any day of the week.

I want to say this out loud ... I'm impressed by our coaching staff, change my vote on CPJ to extension !!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
My biggest critique of our offense has always been lack of diversity....

I think I noticed a different O wrinkle yesterday. About 1/3 into the game Va seemed to be making an extra effort to stop the outside runs and seemed to crash the OLB and DE hard to the outside. Now I've seen JT quickly reverse the motion to get the D to move in the initial direction and then pull one OL and have him be an additional blocker to the opposite direction but yesterday I believe I saw PJ have 2 OL pull in the opposite direction to help take on the DE and OLB.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
Ag
agree THIS as well!! We all know it was the Duke cheater Buttclipp Who told his players to purposefully roll JTs ankle (twice). Hope he goes 2-10 three years in a row after Boone/crowder leave, canned and Is forced to live off Welfare checks from the Manning monarchy. Bush league, Buttclipp, no wonder UT didn't want you back even when they had no body.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, I don't see it like that, but you're entitled to your opinion. Incidentally, I don't buy the "we can't put up points against a good defense" argument anyway. Other than Iowa, I can't think of any defense we have faced whom we could not have beat if we had simply had a good defense ourselves.
LSU comes to mind but I agree with you in principle and posted something similar elsewhere. To my mind most of the time Tech has performed poorly on offense it has been because the offense was not performing. Period. When Tech is unfocused and missing assignments this offense can be just as average as any other offense but when it is clicking it is pretty near unstoppable.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Knock on wood..but the Offense is just really clicking right now, I feel confident that we can score 30+ on any team. JT is running the option very smooth and the OL has been fantastic this year, compared to last couple. We are really driving people off the ball in the run game. If the D can continue momentum and keep improving each week I really think we can win out.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Ag
agree THIS as well!! We all know it was the Duke cheater Buttclipp Who told his players to purposefully roll JTs ankle (twice). Hope he goes 2-10 three years in a row after Boone/crowder leave, canned and Is forced to live off Welfare checks from the Manning monarchy. Bush league, Buttclipp, no wonder UT didn't want you back even when they had no body.
I agree!
Ag
It was a cheap shot. To be honest I have seen coaches teach players to execute an alligator roll with the intention of sliding down the leg and turning the ankle. The other was bending a finger back at the bottom of a pile up. Grabbing a players testicles because many play without a cup. I love an aggressive player but one who cheats and injures a player is weak in my book.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree!

It was a cheap shot. To be honest I have seen coaches teach players to execute an alligator roll with the intention of sliding down the leg and turning the ankle. The other was bending a finger back at the bottom of a pile up. Grabbing a players testicles because many play without a cup. I love an aggressive player but one who cheats and injures a player is weak in my book.
Good explanation. Sad, and angering, and disappointing, but a good explanation nonetheless.

LSU comes to mind but I agree with you in principle and posted something similar elsewhere. To my mind most of the time Tech has performed poorly on offense it has been because the offense was not performing. Period. When Tech is unfocused and missing assignments this offense can be just as average as any other offense but when it is clicking it is pretty near unstoppable.
Even in that LSU game, I didn't think the offense was focused, and Johnson tried to get a little too tricky a couple of times and shot himself (and the team) in the foot.