Let's do something different ( Who do you NOT want as a head coach at Tech)

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
O'Brien
Whisenhunt
Key
Godsey
Edsall
Roof

Nepotism fails. We can and must do better and I believe Batt will find the best candidate based on their independent merits and qualifications, not where they went to school, where they worked, or who their buddies are.

Last edited:

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
O'Brien
Whisenhunt
Key
Godsey
Edsall
Roof

Nepotism fails. We can and must do better and I believe Batt will find the best candidate based on their independent merits and qualifications, not where they went to school, where they worked, or who their buddies are.
I hope you're right about Batt, but the man has never hired a FB coach as far as I know, I hope we can find someone that has the following. 1. Knows how to operate and succeed in the NIL and Portal era. 2. Knows how to produce winning CFB on a consistent basis.
But I do like your list of no hires and agree with your statement. Unless we get the financial part worked out so we can pay the complete staff competitively it's all for nothing IMO.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
i want a coach that feels like we went out and got a great coach and didn’t settle for something. i don’t want to be reading fans of their former team being thankful they’re gone
That happens everywhere, because fans are stupid and bitter, and ✨fanatical✨.

There were Oklahoma fans saying they were glad Lincoln Riley left to go to USC last year. I don’t think that’s a great measure for grading a hire.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
That happens everywhere, because fans are stupid and bitter, and ✨fanatical✨.

There were Oklahoma fans saying they were glad Lincoln Riley left to go to USC last year. I don’t think that’s a great measure for grading a hire.
Just a guess, but I think @JacketFan137 was referring to overall fan sentiment, not the fringe voices. I highly doubt Oklahoma fans in general were happy to see him go. Compared to GC, where it seemed most of the Temple fanbase either didn't care or happy to see him go.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
A good example of what I want to see is what Bama said about J. Positive press from the top, clear area of focus with his fingerprints that was something we wanted improvement in and a story that makes sense in the context of what we are saying is important and being changed with the new hire.

We said we were going to get serious about GT Athletics and then went out and hired an administrator from BAMA who was given a 10 year Fundraising goal of $600M and within the first four years he was at 85% of the goal. He had responsibility for revenue and fundraising and served as the "Chief Revenue Officer". He was also the "Chief Operating Officer" which address the general sense that our operating model has been less than well oiled.

I hope we see something similar in the coaching search where there are clear reasons they'll be a fit for specific areas of needed improvement, not just "hey they coached at XX or they have name recognition". We need Tacticians and Operators here.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Just a guess, but I think @JacketFan137 was referring to overall fan sentiment, not the fringe voices. I highly doubt Oklahoma fans in general were happy to see him go. Compared to GC, where it seemed most of the Temple fanbase either didn't care or happy to see him go.
I understand what he was saying, but it doesn’t change the fact that a lot of fans will act like they’re happy a coach is leaving anyway. Lots of Notre Dame fans acted like Brian Kelly leaving was no big deal, some were happy he left. Now look where they are.

A lot of Alabama fans were happy when they fired Kiffin as their OC, yet when Saban retires he’ll be one of the first calls they make.

Lots of FSU fans were done with Jimbo and happy he left for A&M, yet they haven’t come close to replicating what he was doing there.

The point, and the fact of the matter is, fans have no idea what’s going on inside a program. They don’t know who’s responsible for what, who’s helping build a program up, and who’s responsible for tearing one down.

I would prefer to not take any account of what the new coach’s former fanbase says about him, because odds are they have no idea what they’re talking about.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
No recycled coaches.
No fired coaches.
No service academy coaches.
No coaches that have a track record of being a garbage human being.
Not Jamie Chadwell.
No average coaches with ho-hum records.
Not Clawson from WF.
Nobody unproven.

Who does that leave?
No idea.

I realize that may come off as picky but my fandom is in a straight jacket at this point.

This **** is exhausting lol

So, who the hell is that?

The Georgia Tech Head Coach Search (as conducted by Saturday Night Live):

Last edited:

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I think we have successfully eliminated any possible hire. Well done, GT fans. I knew we could do this.

Whoever is hired has no chance. I am not sure who we could hire if we are eliminating quality coaches who have had one bad game in the past three years, failed in the NFL, or did not succeed well enough at a high profile program to your liking.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I think we have successfully eliminated any possible hire. Well done, GT fans. I knew we could do this.

Whoever is hired has no chance. I am not sure who we could hire if we are eliminating quality coaches who have had one bad game in the past three years, failed in the NFL, or did not succeed well enough at a high profile program to your liking.
Thankfully, what we think on here has almost zero...and I do mean approaching zero as a limit...impact on who we hire or how successful they will be. :)

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Thankfully, what we think on here has almost zero...and I do mean approaching zero as a limit...impact on who we hire or how successful they will be. :)
You say that, but it was GT fans constantly whining about losing to ugag that led to us forcing out Gailey. It was GT fans constantly whining about our high school offense then that led to our forcing out Johnson. Our fans do not like being made fun of by our ugag friends and coworkers, so we push coaches when our egos get bruised as they make fun of us.

I will add, that we have bunch of jack arses as fans who will do everything in their power to fight against which ever coach they do not want hired. I am not sure if it is the fact that so many of us are Type A personalities who like being right all the time, but it is not in the nature of many of fans to just support the person if we originally thought he was the wrong guy for the job. Regardless if it impacts the hire, it can impact the success of the program when so many of those jack arses constantly complain and work against the head coach.

Last edited: