Let the rejoicing begin!

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I think we've found the Alex Jones listeners.

"It's all a global librul gay atheist muslim conspiracy to take the real men out of sports and emasculate our youth so that they will more willingly serve the Zionist pedophile roundtable'

I don't watch any of the people screaming at each other shows, the general sports opinion shows, or the highlight shows so I don't know where these political things happen. The only things I watch are live sports or the occasional sport-specific deep dive stuff (like Film Room on ESPNU) once in a while. I never hear anything political.

My other question is do these same people boycott other networks because someone said something political on a totally different show? Like that Colbert guy going off in a profane political rant the other night, do these people refuse to watch the SEC game of the week next year? I don't understand.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don't watch any of the people screaming at each other shows, the general sports opinion shows, or the highlight shows so I don't know where these political things happen. The only things I watch are live sports or the occasional sport-specific deep dive stuff (like Film Room on ESPNU) once in a while. I never hear anything political.

My other question is do these same people boycott other networks because someone said something political on a totally different show? Like that Colbert guy going off in a profane political rant the other night, do these people refuse to watch the SEC game of the week next year? I don't understand.

I'm with you. I watch 30/30, Fantasy Football now on Sundays and Live Events.

I do know that they fired Schilling (a bit of a loon anyway) and reduced Sage Steeles role after she expressed a right side opinion.

The reason I don't watch Sportscenter though is because of the seemingly constant chase of the race story. The only radio show I can tolerate is Lebatard and sometimes he infuriates me as well. The whole screaming show thing is mind boggling to me.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
The only time I watch SportsCenter (which is terrible now & I haven't seen a highlight in 2 years) is to support ATL's own Elle Duncan. Besides that I only watch live events and fantasy football shows...not that I need the help(won 2 out of the last 4 years)
*pats self on back multiple times*

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well there are numerous rumors than Bob Iger is going to run for president in 2020 so there are some political things going on there.

Regardless of politics, ESPN has gone far down the drain because they don't want journalists or reporters, they want characters. Over the top, annoying, overly opinionated characters that people recognize. They care more about reporting on domestic issues than sports updates. They spend more time reporting on a guy who's been in jail longer than his NFL career than the record breaking season Russell Westbrook had. Why on earth is Aaron Hernandez even sports news anymore? That's regular news now.

If they spent half the amount of time trying to dig up inside scoop on where what important Free Agent might land where as they do trying to dig up what some 4th string Fullback did to some chick in high school we'd have a wealth of great information out there. I'm not endorsing any kind of domestic violence but the issue is clearly just being used as an endless bag of news stories.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
ESPN = live sports events for me. SportsCenter died with the internet in the late 90s. Haven't watched it in 20 years or so. Last time I remember tuning in, Bob Ley and Dan Patrick were the hosts. The tall dork from Maryland (Scott something) is an idiot. Can't stand Stephen A and his yelling and posturing. All the talking head shows are just wasted on me, whether on ESPN, CNN, Fox or any other channel.

northgajacket

Banned
I am quite curious where you heard that.

My father worked with someone who had previously worked at ESPN ( I cant remember what his role was exactly, something to do with the production aspect I believe). He claimed that everyone there was miserable working at ESPN. Keep in mind this was about 13 years ago, also this was just one person's statement, I probably should not have made a broad assumption like that.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
My father worked with someone who had previously worked at ESPN ( I cant remember what his role was exactly, something to do with the production aspect I believe). He claimed that everyone there was miserable working at ESPN. Keep in mind this was about 13 years ago, also this was just one person's statement, I probably should not have made a broad assumption like that.

Thank you for the frank answer. Compared to traditional broadcast networks, ESPN people tend to be much happier across the board. There are far fewer thankless jobs at ESPN. ESPN doesn't have the baggage that comes with having roots in the 1920s/30s movie business. Fox has it because pretty much everyone came to Fox Sports from CBS after Fox got the NFL deal and brought the culture with them.

There are obviously miserable people everywhere but the only pattern at ESPN (I am talking about people who work at events/games) seems to be having a bully or micro-manager as producer. There aren't many but they exist.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I love SportsCenter personally, but I guess it's because it's more suited for my generation because it feeds off of a Social Media influence.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
How would you know that? Who are the fired "conservatives"?

Rush Limbaugh:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

On a more serious note, the vast majority of sports commentators personalities are just annoying. Play by play is to me also typically. I've said for 20-30 years I'd prefer to get the video feed without the commentary. For good audio I'd prefer mikes focus on the field of play. For additional drama focus some directional mikes on head coaches in game but PG13 or R rated advisories would be needed.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Rush Limbaugh:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

On a more serious note, the vast majority of sports commentators personalities are just annoying. Play by play is to me also typically. I've said for 20-30 years I'd prefer to get the video feed without the commentary. For good audio I'd prefer mikes focus on the field of play. For additional drama focus some directional mikes on head coaches in game but PG13 or R rated advisories would be needed.
Watched an NBA game like that once. Kevin Garnett made it rated R very quickly.