Let the rejoicing begin!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Len Elmore was terminated by ESPN yesterday! I don't like for anyone to lose their job, per se, but this means no more listening to one of the worst announcers in history. I wish him all the best in his retirement, as long as that means never hearing his voice TV again

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
why not that a$$ Seth Greenberg ESPN?????

I'm with ya on that one! Uncle Fester is awful.

I just hated listening to Elmore babble about how great he was at Maryland and how much he hates Duke, Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas.....

No one is worse than Bill Walton

TBH, most of the "color" folks on ESPN are bad to awful these days. Play by play folks are generally pretty good. I usually just mute the TV and listen to music while I watch games these days

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

I just hated listening to Elmore babble about how great he was at Maryland and how much he hates Duke, Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas.....

TBH, most of the "color" folks on ESPN are bad to awful these days. Play by play folks are generally pretty good. I usually just mute the TV and listen to music while I watch games these days
I usually listen to the football network online of whatever team i'm watching on ESPN. I hate their biased announcers who act like cheerleaders for Alabama,Georgia,Clemson or FSU.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Whoa whoa WHOA

Bill can be tiresome sometimes but he's entertaining

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
@ESPNjacket do you have any info on these layoffs we may have overlooked? Buyouts? Expiring contracts etc? To fire Katz and ONeil and keep Greenberg and Fraschilla just seems foolish
ESPN is well on it's way to being the next MSNBC. I don't think it'll be long until Disney cuts ESPN loose because of all the money and subscribers they're losing and then they're finished for good.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
ESPN is well on it's way to being the next MSNBC. I don't think it'll be long until Disney cuts ESPN loose because of all the money and subscribers they're losing and then they're finished for good.

Don't get caught up in that. ESPN is still very profitable from what Ive read/understand. Disney won't cut them loose. From what I can tell they are protecting their margins not desperately treading water

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let's pump the brakes on Walton (he's a marvel) & Fraschilla (actually imparts knowledge).

Everyone wants to talk recruiting around here, go sit thru one of these games called by Paul Biancardi.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Let's pump the brakes on Walton (he's a marvel) & Fraschilla (actually imparts knowledge).

Everyone wants to talk recruiting around here, go sit thru one of these games called by Paul Biancardi.

I might be in the minority, but the Walton shtick got old after about the third broadcast for me. It get's annoying to hear someone constantly spew blatantly false information all broadcast.