Leo B

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Think this may deserve its own thread. This young man has overcome so much and to see the whole team come up and congratulate him and coach give him a huge bear hug was so poignant.

1726357703863.jpeg

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely made the day for me!
Also great to see the gun on Philo!!
That play by Philo, when protection broke down, almost knocking him down forcing him to run, nears the line of scrimmage, sees a receiver deep, stops on a dime before crossing the LOS, launches a missile when he is not set, and hits Elko for a 41 yard gain spot on tells me he is a special talent. Now I love me some Pyron for what he did in 2022 and his overall good play, but he is going to have his hands full winning the starting job over Philo in the future in my opinion.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Told the family after the drop that they were going back to him at some point. Just wish it would have been in the north endzone so it would have been right in front of them.
Wasn't exactly a drop, either. Ball was raked out of his hands before he could get a clean grip on it (and it was wet, too). If Pyron leads him just a tad more, that's a TD.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That play by Philo, when protection broke down, almost knocking him down forcing him to run, nears the line of scrimmage, sees a receiver deep, stops on a dime before crossing the LOS, launches a missile when he is not set, and hits Elko for a 41 yard gain spot on tells me he is a special talent. Now I love me some Pyron for what he did in 2022 and his overall good play, but he is going to have his hands full winning the starting job over Philo in the future in my opinion.
Pyron made a really nice pass to the sideline on the dead run, too.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Philo put up more passing yards than Brock Vandagriff at PACA and is second only to Trevor Lawrence, IIRC, for HS career passing yards in GA HS ball.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Philo put up more passing yards than Brock Vandagriff at PACA and is second only to Trevor Lawrence, IIRC, for HS career passing yards in GA HS ball.
Philo looked great in Tech’s game yesterday, but comparisons to Vandagrif don’t mean much to me after seeing him for the first time against u(sic)ga yesterday. The dude is tough, but he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Wasn't exactly a drop, either. Ball was raked out of his hands before he could get a clean grip on it (and it was wet, too). If Pyron leads him just a tad more, that's a TD.
I am not sold it wasn't PI. On the replay it looked like the defender jumped on his back and rakes at his arms before the ball got there. I am not blaming the refs though cause I am sure it was harder to tell in real time.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Philo looked great in Tech’s game yesterday, but comparisons to Vandagrif don’t mean much to me after seeing him for the first time against u(sic)ga yesterday. The dude is tough, but he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.
That’s the good thing about football, we’ll get to see more. Context is important and UGAg has a pretty good D.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We will be lucky to hold on to Philo. I would be bringing him along a lot faster and trying to get him some playing time. He is going to make someone a very special quarterback.

Go Jackets!
Interesting premise. I would counter that you play the best performers. If the all-time GA HS passing leader cannot earn his way onto the depth chart, then that means we have 2/3 better options as a college QB and he will likely transfer. All we can promise is a legitimate opportunity to compete.