LB Depth Question

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yes Buzz776g, I'm Austin's father. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. We are now 100% GT fans. Looking forward to the next few years at Tech.

Ignore the childishness of this thread. Just remind your son, "Be team first;" "Be your brothers' keeper. "

... sorry

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yes Buzz776g, I'm Austin's father. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. We are now 100% GT fans. Looking forward to the next few years at Tech.
Although Austin was a pwo I believe he will have a very good chance to earn a scholarship. I wish him the very best.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
How one gets on the team doesn't really matter. What they do while on it does. We were lucky to land Austin and he makes a great addition to his class.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You also have Freshman PWO Austin Cain who plays OLB.
Here he is:

11198629.jpeg

Class:
Freshman
Hometown:
Albany, Ga.
High School:
Deerfi eld-Windsor
Height / Weight:
6-0 / 220
Position:
LB

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
FYI, can Marcordes move inside as the 2 deep MLB behind hankins if needed? I am wondering if he wouldn't fit nicely here....Then you have PJ and whoever at the other outside (mcnair noble jackson etc?)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
FYI, can Marcordes move inside as the 2 deep MLB behind hankins if needed? I am wondering if he wouldn't fit nicely here....Then you have PJ and whoever at the other outside (mcnair noble jackson etc?)

More likely Noble, Jackson, and Alford. McNair was a senior last season and his eligibility is over. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis as well pushing hard for PT.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
I say burn one (but not all) of the RS's if a True Freshman is ready to play. Besides PJ, we don't have a lot of proven talent. Although we've seen enough from Marcordes to know he is an effective blitzer. We need someone to step up like PJ did a few years ago. Who is it going to be? My money long term is on Vic. His film is just too good.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I say burn one (but not all) of the RS's if a True Freshman is ready to play. Besides PJ, we don't have a lot of proven talent. Although we've seen enough from Marcordes to know he is an effective blitzer. We need someone to step up like PJ did a few years ago. Who is it going to be? My money long term is on Vic. His film is just too good.
True frosh only get their shirts burned if they make the 2-deep or make ST's. It's a major waste to burn a guy's shirt only to have him sit the bench all year or play a few games in garbage time.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
True frosh only get their shirts burned if they make the 2-deep or make ST's. It's a major waste to burn a guy's shirt only to have him sit the bench all year or play a few games in garbage time.

This is typically right, but we burned some last year and will this year also to help balance out classes. 17 per 5 classes is the 85. We also try not to have classes where we graduate 6 RBs. So, we'll spread out the RBs we signed this year by having 2 or 3 play some, even if there not quite where Leggett was last year.

Just my 2cents