Last night's radio show

Animal02

Banned
Rational people understand what’s taking place. It’s a tough time to be on message boards social media etc. but the real fans that actually support and go to games understand it will take time.
Rationale people do not find it acceptable to have multiple losing seasons in the hope that someday things will get better.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to listen to. I had to stop at about 12:30 mark. Mostly sunshine and hyperbole. Most people just want the truth and I really don't have the time to fact check all 60 minutes (minus commercials). There was one kernel that stood out -"punt team is a huge part of what we do." Well, uh, yeah, no ****.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Hard to listen to. I had to stop at about 12:30 mark. Mostly sunshine and hyperbole. Most people just want the truth and I really don't have the time to fact check all 60 minutes (minus commercials). There was one kernel that stood out -"punt team is a huge part of what we do." Well, uh, yeah, no ****.

Ah geez. As much as I like PH III, it would make me happy if he never stepped on the field. Did we hire Tony Robbins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad they posted this clip. This was towards the end of the show and was an excellent monologue on where CGC is mentally after this start to the season.

BTW, it was a really good crowd at the show last night. All the people on the social media who threaten to come "confront Coach to demand answers" never seem to show up :)

Here's the link to the whole show:
https://rss.art19.com/episodes/62e32e04-b57d-4dcc-93e9-455bdb449067.mp3

I agree staying positive during difficult times is a quality trait and good advice, but this could also be interpreted as surrounding oneself with yes men which is not a quality trait. It’s a very fine line.

Scubapro

Banned

It was fun listening about the one highlight of the game, the safety.
It was also enlightening to hear about how hard it is to block in a "Pro Style" offensive line versus a "Triple O on a track line"
Glad he surrounds himself with "positive people" BUT someone might need to let him know he is f-ing up...ya know like a little reality.

Scubapro

Banned
Shots fired! Hang on while I get some popcorn...
I'll play...season ticket holder for 20+ years.
I wish I didn't love Tech so much...life would be easier for sure.
When I see a guy who cant get a team ready to play with two weeks to prepare. I am calling him out.
When he says Temple is great defensively after giving up 20+ to Buffalo. I am calling him out.
When he doesn't know the clock rules, regardless of what he thinks the ref says, I am calling him out.
I hope I am wrong about GeeHoff. I hope he brings us multiple Championships, Heisman trophies while setting fire to Athens
BUT
Right now he is a silly little man.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
When the fans stop complaining...that is when a coach should start worrying. No worries Coach Collins, it will be a long process. I have written this year off and put down next year as a incremental step forward. By years three and four, we should be in contention for Coastal Division championships and bowl games. After that? Who knows?

What if...? The promised recruiting results fall short or, more likely, what if after the accumulated recruiting hauls are made and Tech is in the top 25 for a couple of years the record of losing continues? Recruiting, hype, gimmicks, slogans, are eye candy for fans, the real work is developing players and coaching them to succeed in whatever scheme you bring to the table. Recent coaching history of various, once proud programs is replete with stories of initial fanfare followed by recruiting success and then utter abject failure. Taggert at FSU, Derek Dooly and Kiffin at Tennessee, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and MR at Miami, Charlie Strong at Texas and South Florida, Zook and McElwain at Florida. All guilty of believing their own hype. Coach Collins should hopefully avoid their fate by improving the coaching and the player development along with the recruiting. He is all in on recruiting. I trust he is all in on game day coaching as well.

Scubapro

Banned
What if...? The promised recruiting results fall short or, more likely, what if after the accumulated recruiting hauls are made and Tech is in the top 25 for a couple of years the record of losing continues? Recruiting, hype, gimmicks, slogans, are eye candy for fans, the real work is developing players and coaching them to succeed in whatever scheme you bring to the table. Recent coaching history of various, once proud programs is replete with stories of initial fanfare followed by recruiting success and then utter abject failure. Taggert at FSU, Derek Dooly and Kiffin at Tennessee, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and MR at Miami, Charlie Strong at Texas and South Florida, Zook and McElwain at Florida. Coach Collins should hopefully avoid their fate by improving the coaching and the player development along with the recruiting. He is all in on recruiting. I trust he is all in on game day coaching as well.
I hope you are right about being all in on game day.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
In reality, people should be glad that there are fans who are passionate enough about GT to complain about a bad start. It's when those people quit caring enough to complain that it will be time to worry... Apathy would be (hopefully would be and not will be!) a FAR worse problem for the program than disgust...

Not when it becomes toxic and extreme. Criticism is fine, what’s going on on these boards was far from just criticism.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Not when it becomes toxic and extreme. Criticism is fine, what’s going on on these boards was far from just criticism.
....how? No one is calling for CGC to be fired already. No one is taking personal shots at his family or what not. Where has anyone crossed the line from criticism to extreme? Keep in mind we just had two straight losses that were the first of their kind in thirty years. Maybe that’s why it seems a bit “extreme”.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am always impressed by the people who spent the last 11 years lecturing people for accepting mediocrity for not beating CU, dohU, vpi, and georgie enough now lecturing people for not accepting a loss to citadel and an embarrassment to temple.
11 years.
See u at game 4 of year 1.