Last night's radio show

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad they posted this clip. This was towards the end of the show and was an excellent monologue on where CGC is mentally after this start to the season.

BTW, it was a really good crowd at the show last night. All the people on the social media who threaten to come "confront Coach to demand answers" never seem to show up :)

Here's the link to the whole show:
https://rss.art19.com/episodes/62e32e04-b57d-4dcc-93e9-455bdb449067.mp3

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm only half way through, but I really enjoyed hearing Andy talk about Sean Bedfords experience watching film with Brent Key. It's not an easy transition and our guys are learning every snap. Sounds like Sean left with a high opinion of CBK. He could literally see improvement not only game to game but snap to snap. I know the OL is beat up, but it will be interesting to watch how they improve throughout the season.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
I'm only half way through, but I really enjoyed hearing Andy talk about Sean Bedfords experience watching film with Brent Key. It's not an easy transition and our guys are learning every snap. Sounds like Sean left with a high opinion of CBK. He could literally see improvement not only game to game but snap to snap. I know the OL is beat up, but it will be interesting to watch how they improve throughout the season.

A former player speaks very highly of CBK on a different board.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It seems that the players and recruits are still very much bought in and are just working on improving each week.

Even former players like Synjyn Days have made posts about "trusting the process" on Twitter.

I wouldn't worry at all about Collins losing the locker room, building bonds between players and coaches was a major emphasis this offseason. They all are fighting each game until the final whistle. I'll give the radio show a listen when I get the chance, I really ought to make it to a live show once though.

99in99

Georgia Tech Fan

I referenced this in another thread. Bedford's observations carry more weight with me (a non-OL former non-college football player LOL) than almost every other poster here except for the other former players.

Scubapro

Banned
I'm glad they posted this clip. This was towards the end of the show and was an excellent monologue on where CGC is mentally after this start to the season.

BTW, it was a really good crowd at the show last night. All the people on the social media who threaten to come "confront Coach to demand answers" never seem to show up :)

Here's the link to the whole show:
https://rss.art19.com/episodes/62e32e04-b57d-4dcc-93e9-455bdb449067.mp3

When is the next one? I will be there

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
When is the next one? I will be there

There is not another live show scheduled, but one of the GT staff people there last night said they may do another one sometime in second half of the season. I do like that they have moved the show to some different locations this year. We would go to 5-6 shows a season during CPJ era and food choices get a little stale when it's same restaurant over and over.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Rational people understand what’s taking place. It’s a tough time to be on message boards social media etc. but the real fans that actually support and go to games understand it will take time.

In reality, people should be glad that there are fans who are passionate enough about GT to complain about a bad start. It's when those people quit caring enough to complain that it will be time to worry... Apathy would be (hopefully would be and not will be!) a FAR worse problem for the program than disgust...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In reality, people should be glad that there are fans who are passionate enough about GT to complain about a bad start. It's when those people quit caring enough to complain that it will be time to worry... Apathy would be (hopefully would be and not will be!) a FAR worse problem for the program than disgust...

When the fans stop complaining...that is when a coach should start worrying. No worries Coach Collins, it will be a long process. I have written this year off and put down next year as a incremental step forward. By years three and four, we should be in contention for Coastal Division championships and bowl games. After that? Who knows?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I liked having the show at Second Self. I hope they do it again there.

Second Self has great beers and is owned by two GT guys.
Yeah, but no kitchen. I showed up a little after 6pm, and was ravenously hungry by the end of the show. Would have been nice if they had arranged to have a food truck stop by. (Doesn’t Waffle House have one? That would have been awesome!)

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, but no kitchen. I showed up a little after 6pm, and was ravenously hungry by the end of the show. Would have been nice if they had arranged to have a food truck stop by. (Doesn’t Waffle House have one? That would have been awesome!)

I spoke with the owners. The original plan was to have a food truck, but they canceled last minute. They said there will be a food truck if they host next time.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Rational people understand what’s taking place. It’s a tough time to be on message boards social media etc. but the real fans that actually support and go to games understand it will take time.
Call me after you have had season tickets for 38 years. Some of us hate losing. Time fine , 1 year fine 2 years well ok 3 yeasr I would be looking for a replacement , 4 years or more I would replace the AD.

Last edited: