Last Chance U (Season 4)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I watched a couple of episodes of Last Chance last night. It is amazing how many of those kids were 4 and 5 * yet brought all sorts of problems with them. A lot were undisciplined with attitudes. That coach at Indy is a real head case too. Not sure if he is a decent coach or not. The former FSU QB thought he was better at play calling than the coach and actually he probably was. No way any of those kids could transfer to GT. At least the ones I saw. It is an interesting show.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched a couple of episodes of Last Chance last night. It is amazing how many of those kids were 4 and 5 * yet brought all sorts of problems with them. A lot were undisciplined with attitudes. That coach at Indy is a real head case too. Not sure if he is a decent coach or not. The former FSU QB thought he was better at play calling than the coach and actually he probably was. No way any of those kids could transfer to GT. At least the ones I saw. It is an interesting show.

They're all in JUCO for a reason. The depiction of Jay Jones is not flattering at all.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Care to elaborate? I have desire to watch the show.
Jay comes off as someone who struggles to bounce back from bad times. He got injured often and struggled to overcome the mental aspect of recovery. He didn't get much help at the new school, but he also didn't help himself. I sure do wish the best for him. He has talent.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Jay comes off as someone who struggles to bounce back from bad times. He got injured often and struggled to overcome the mental aspect of recovery. He didn't get much help at the new school, but he also didn't help himself. I sure do wish the best for him. He has talent.
Haven't gotten to that episode yet. The show gives some limited perspective of what these coaches have to evaluate beyond just raw talent and their egos.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It must be a real shock to some of those kids from top programs with all the trappings and perks to a place in the middle of nowhere and very meager resources. That alone should motivate them. I don't understand the way that coach interacts with those kids. I guess he can get away with it since they don't have many FB options left.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
From wrap-up article: “After playing musical quarterbacks against Fort Scott, Jones declined to go back in when the coaches called for him.

The end credits list that Jones is at home evaluating offers, and that he's told recruiters he's open to switching to wide receiver.”

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
From wrap-up article: “After playing musical quarterbacks against Fort Scott, Jones declined to go back in when the coaches called for him.

The end credits list that Jones is at home evaluating offers, and that he's told recruiters he's open to switching to wide receiver.”

Hope he lands somewhere and does well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if they sell the linebacker recruits that they’ll tackle more?

Alright Cheese, we may disagree on a lot, but this most definitely is the post of the year. I am trying to contain my laughter so my wife won't think I am crazier than she already does.

And I am truly jealous I did not come up with this line first!

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC hit hurt Vad, but CPJ scrapping the diamond after Duke(?) was the final in the coffin
I remember CPJ saying in the post game press conference that the way we played that game wasn't how he wanted us to play. Even though we threw for 4 touchdowns and were dominant on offense overall. It was kind of strange to hear since the only "downside" was that we didn't run as much as CPJ wanted.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I remember CPJ saying in the post game press conference that the way we played that game wasn't how he wanted us to play. Even though we threw for 4 touchdowns and were dominant on offense overall. It was kind of strange to hear since the only "downside" was that we didn't run as much as CPJ wanted.
I was at that game. Here's my opinion on what he said. CPJ is a process-oriented guy. We out-talented Duke on that day and Duke had no real film on the Diamond, but CPJ knew out-talenting and surprising teams wasn't sustainable going forward. He shouldn't have made that comment publicly, but that's what you get with a straight shooter. To me, that comment exemplified the best and worst of CPJ. Regardless, we lost 3 of our next 4 and that was probably all she wrote for that season.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I went back and rewatched the 2013 GT-Duke game yesterday. I hadn't watched it since 2013, so I no longer trusted my memories. The following things stuck out:

1. Robert Godhigh was a beast. I posit that had he and JT played together in 2014, we're undefeated national champions.
2. Of the 4 TD passes, only one was from the diamond formation.
3. Overall, the diamond formation didn't yield results on par with the standard flexbone & pistol, which we ran a lot of back then.
4. Vad Lee was a really good QB.

I don't know why CPJ said we needed to run more, unless he was figuring that he made a mistake in not getting Godhigh more touches.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I went back and rewatched the 2013 GT-Duke game yesterday. I hadn't watched it since 2013, so I no longer trusted my memories. The following things stuck out:

1. Robert Godhigh was a beast. I posit that had he and JT played together in 2014, we're undefeated national champions.
2. Of the 4 TD passes, only one was from the diamond formation.
3. Overall, the diamond formation didn't yield results on par with the standard flexbone & pistol, which we ran a lot of back then.
4. Vad Lee was a really good QB.

I don't know why CPJ said we needed to run more, unless he was figuring that he made a mistake in not getting Godhigh more touches.

He doesn't like only relying on explosion. Never has actually dating back to his GS days. Explosion is unpredictable. Its good to have and you need it but boom or bust offenses are counter to how he likes to operate.

UVA 2016 was basically that as well. We scored what 4 from 60 out?

LibertyTurns

Banned
He doesn't like only relying on explosion. Never has actually dating back to his GS days. Explosion is unpredictable. Its good to have and you need it but boom or bust offenses are counter to how he likes to operate.

UVA 2016 was basically that as well. We scored what 4 from 60 out?
You have to admit there’s something insanely cruel and at the same time humorous about getting 3, 3, 3, and 1 yd repeating that cycle six times in a row then scoring a TD on the 21st or 22nd play when you were up by 10 pts in the 2nd half.

Yeah the big play is exciting, but the ability to control the clock watching the other team suffer is a thing of beauty. Orange Bowl was not quite like that but Miss St was just completely demoralized by the end of the 3rd quarter. Watching that in person and listening to their fans moan incessantly was one of life’s finer moments.