1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Last Chance U (Season 4)

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Cam, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Cam

Cam Helluva Engineer

Ordinarily I'd post this in the Swarm Lounge (and mods are free to move it there), but I thought this season of Last Chance U released today is actually relevant because it features Jay Jones at QB. For those unaware, Last Chance U is a Netflix documentary show where they follow a JUCO team throughout a season and do profiles on players who transferred in from big-time programs. I've only watched a little bit of the new season so far, but what they've said about Jay in his intro mimics CPJ's words from years ago:
    A little bit into episode 1 Jay starts talking about his recruitment and what went wrong with GT. Transferred due to concerns with not passing in the offense, taking too many hits, etc. It's an interesting look into a former player and I'm sure he'll talk about GT more throughout the season given the show's premise. It'll be particularly interesting when they hit the episode where they play Garden City who had Dedrick Mills at RB.

Adadu, iceeater1969, tkh74 and 6 others like this.
  2. boger2337

boger2337 Helluva Engineer

Coachstick12, yrp and iceeater1969 like this.
  3. knoxjacket

knoxjacket Helluva Engineer

I don’t understand how a guy that committed to play in our old offense would be surprised that you get hit every down as a QB and you have little opportunity to pass.

All he had to do was watch one drive.

yrp, CTJacket, BuckeyeJacket and 11 others like this.
  4. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

Every QB is sold they would pass more

rfripp68, bikeseat, 91Wreck and 9 others like this.
  5. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

Oops.. I shouldn’t have mentioned that. Don’t want no one honesty or integrity in questioned

6. boger2337

boger2337 Helluva Engineer

Hahahaha I mean of course they were. They are going to sell to them that they will be the game changer. I think JT was the only one to make a slight change in CPJs scheme.

7. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

Vad did but it was scrapped

majorQ9, rfripp68, Adadu and 5 others like this.
  8. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Vad got crushed. Light went off & never came back on. Vad was CPJ’s version of Reggie Ball for Chan. I know he had JT, but CPJ suffered when Vad could not get it back. Changed the whole program.

vespinaeGT, GoldZ and iceeater1969 like this.
  9. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

UNC hit hurt Vad, but CPJ scrapping the diamond after Duke(?) was the final in the coffin

rfripp68, upwgdrb, Eli and 5 others like this.
  10. knoxjacket

knoxjacket Helluva Engineer

Notwithstanding the lack of honesty in that pitch I still can’t imagine falling for that.

I don’t remember were we Jones’ only QB offer?

11. IE2016ZTR

IE2016ZTR Georgia Tech Fan

Episode 4, around 44:00 mark, Mills has a great run!

BuzzThePlumber likes this.
  12. gtrower

gtrower Helluva Engineer

Vad didn’t understand that getting the 2 yards and lining up for 2nd down was fine. Was always trying to make plays behind the LOS. The least effective QB we had under CPJ other than Booker getting snaps against GW. And I was one of the guys shouting from the rooftops that he was the next big thing coming out of HS. Great kid. Just wasn’t the right offense for him.

gtyj18jr likes this.
  13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Jason Brown is an absolute animal. Do not talk down about him in my presence.

"I ain't no math major but imma HUSTLAAAAA!!!!" LMAO

"Y'all think y'all hard. You couldn't bust a grape in a fruit-fight where I'm from homeboy!!!"

14. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

He had offers as an athlete from Bama, Auburn and Florida. Geoff Collins was his recruiter at UF. As a QB, yeah we were probably it, at least as far as P5 teams go.

iceeater1969 and boger2337 like this.
  15. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

I wonder if they sell the linebacker recruits that they’ll tackle more?

91Wreck, Yoda and gtg391z like this.
  16. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

No just they’ll fit the wrong gaps more and telegraph blitz more

17. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

You mean that special play where two guys fit the same gap with no ball carrier in it?

91Wreck and gtg391z like this.
  18. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

Overload blitz tot he weak side of the run formation. They'll never see it coming.

91Wreck likes this.
  19. gtg391z

gtg391z Helluva Engineer

Yep, 5 secs before the snap you knew we were blitzing and the linebacker would run right into the blocker. 1 and 10 every time

91Wreck likes this.
  20. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Now u reminded me of 2 line backers attacking the same gap on the delayed blitz . Please not in 19.