Las Vegas Mass Casualty Attack

Deleted member 2897

The thing about Alex Jones is that he takes interesting bits of information that contradict the general media themes, and then blows them way out.

Take for example the Las Vegas shooting.

Watch these 2 videos and you'll see the shooting (notice the muzzle flash) was coming from someone on the 4th floor. Not the 32nd floor (the Time video part is around 26 seconds in).

The police are also stating that he checked in on September 28th into his hotel room. But the hotel says it was the 25th and a hotel worker posted a receipt from room service on the 27th with Paddocks name on it and it was dinner for 2.

Now we'll probably find out that a fire alarm was going off in that room or something else and it wasn't muzzle fire, but that's how this guy operates - he comes up with these conspiracy theories that get some people drawn in, and they're completely poppycock.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yeah I think the flashes from the 4th floor were some sort of strobe light. Tinted more blue in color than what I would expect from a muzzle blast....colors show different on different video/photos/setting. But if someone was shooting from a 4th floor window....there would be a friggin hole in said window.

Deleted member 2897

When is it ok for us a nation to talk about making it harder for people to buy these high powered rifles?

Now is fine. Exactly what do you propose that would have prevented this shooting? Remember, this was a 64 year old white guy who was wealthy and never had any criminal record or history of mental illness.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
When is it ok for us a nation to talk about making it harder for people to buy these high powered rifles?

Just my opinion:
It is always okay to talk rationally about any public policy decision. It is never okay to exploit a tragedy in order to appeal to emotions or to act like those who have different opinions on public policy are uncaring for the victims of tragic events.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Now is fine. Exactly what do you propose that would have prevented this shooting? Remember, this was a 64 year old white guy who was wealthy and never had any criminal record or history of mental illness.

I guess this means he was a "good guy" with a gun up until he fired the first shot.
Maybe require federal background checks on all sales, gun safety courses, FBI interview with fingerprint. This would not have prevented this event but if a person is on a FBI terrorist watch list or no fly list, make them wait two weeks before they can buy a gun. An alert to the police or FBI when a person buys certain amount or type of ammunition. I don't know. I'm not a policy maker.

I'm sure all of my proposals will get shut down by someone in here but I'm not in the camp that believes that nothing can be done about this and we just have to live with it. If the killer had a beard and was named "Mahmoud from the Middle East" or "Jose from south of the border," there would be a much different tone from some of our politicians.

Deleted member 2897

I guess this means he was a "good guy" with a gun up until he fired the first shot.
Maybe require federal background checks on all sales, gun safety courses, FBI interview with fingerprint. This would not have prevented this event but if a person is on a FBI terrorist watch list or no fly list, make them wait two weeks before they can buy a gun. An alert to the police or FBI when a person buys certain amount or type of ammunition. I don't know. I'm not a policy maker.

I'm sure all of my proposals will get shut down by someone in here but I'm not in the camp that believes that nothing can be done about this and we just have to live with it. If the killer had a beard and was named "Mahmoud from the Middle East" or "Jose from south of the border," there would be a much different tone from some of our politicians.

So I can tell you know that basically everything you said wouldn't have prevented this. So that begs the question, why pass laws that won't do anything?

With regards to your assertion it would be different if it were a foreignor or immigrant - possibly. Especially if they were here illegally or weren't vetted since terrorists specifically try to come here and kill people.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I appreciate your first paragraph, but your second paragraph suggests that you are not serious.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Probable cause isn't needed to place an individual on the do not fly list. There is no due process to get off that list. Using it to revoke any Constitutionally protected right is not lawful or just.