Lammers getting adjusted to Tech

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
Wonder if Coach is thinking of red shirting him. I would think he would be able to go 100% by fall as stated but will have to really work hard to catch up to the rest of the team. Go Article.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
He is most certainly a redshirt with the transfers in with exp and his injury.Hope he learns to shoot FTs as I noticed he was 50% last yr .With little outside shot FTs are vital.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He is most certainly a redshirt with the transfers in with exp and his injury.Hope he learns to shoot FTs as I noticed he was 50% last yr .With little outside shot FTs are vital.
So we play AD or is Q Stephens your 4th post again this year?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

What if they don't all get waivers?

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Only the Alabama transfer is not gonna play, waiting on a waiver for Charles Mitchell that's it.Sampson, ag, cox, heath are all eligible for play including lammers

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is the NCAA we're talking about. Let's not make any assumptions that precedent matters.

Better to think worst case and hope for best case.

Worst case - Sampson & Cox start, AD plays, Stephens is forced to be a post player again. Jacobs, Mitchell, Lammers sit out.
Best case - Mitchell gets his waiver, plays with Sampson & Cox. We get to liberally choose to redshirt AD, Lammers, both, or neither. Stephens can focus on improving wing skills and back up MGH.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
True. Let's hope for best case. I like Stephens if he is utilized correctly which hopefully we can do.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope so too if he can get more minutes on the wing he could be our x factor, he had a nice touch and is extremely long and bouncy

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I hope so too if he can get more minutes on the wing he could be our x factor, he had a nice touch and is extremely long and bouncy
Im glad I wasnt the only person who saw Qs potential as a wing player. Best looking shot on the team, also has long arms for defense. I can see him filling a huge need for us if used correctly.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My thought about Q. Stephens is simple: I don't want to recognize him because of the weight he's gained.

IMO, Lammers will play this year. I don't think we know enough about our bigs to let any of them not get minutes in the early games.