1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Lammers getting adjusted to Tech

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by Stinger90, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

2. William S. Baker

William S. Baker Jolly Good Fellow

Wonder if Coach is thinking of red shirting him. I would think he would be able to go 100% by fall as stated but will have to really work hard to catch up to the rest of the team. Go Article.

3. alaguy

alaguy Helluva Engineer

He is most certainly a redshirt with the transfers in with exp and his injury.Hope he learns to shoot FTs as I noticed he was 50% last yr .With little outside shot FTs are vital.

4. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

So we play AD or is Q Stephens your 4th post again this year?

5. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

What if they don't all get waivers?

6. bigtechfan67

bigtechfan67 Ramblin' Wreck

Only the Alabama transfer is not gonna play, waiting on a waiver for Charles Mitchell that's it.Sampson, ag, cox, heath are all eligible for play including lammers

7. LargeFO

LargeFO Helluva Engineer

Mitchell will get his waiver. It'd be shocking if not.

8. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

He should, they did with Golden why not Mitchell. Same reasons for the waiver.

ramblin_man likes this.
  9. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

This is the NCAA we're talking about. Let's not make any assumptions that precedent matters.

Better to think worst case and hope for best case.

Worst case - Sampson & Cox start, AD plays, Stephens is forced to be a post player again. Jacobs, Mitchell, Lammers sit out.
    Best case - Mitchell gets his waiver, plays with Sampson & Cox. We get to liberally choose to redshirt AD, Lammers, both, or neither. Stephens can focus on improving wing skills and back up MGH.

10. LargeFO

LargeFO Helluva Engineer

True. Let's hope for best case. I like Stephens if he is utilized correctly which hopefully we can do.

11. bigtechfan67

I hope so too if he can get more minutes on the wing he could be our x factor, he had a nice touch and is extremely long and bouncy

12. Ggee87

Ggee87 Helluva Engineer

Im glad I wasnt the only person who saw Qs potential as a wing player. Best looking shot on the team, also has long arms for defense. I can see him filling a huge need for us if used correctly.

13. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

My thought about Q. Stephens is simple: I don't want to recognize him because of the weight he's gained.

IMO, Lammers will play this year. I don't think we know enough about our bigs to let any of them not get minutes in the early games.

14. bigtechfan67

Just coming off the injury it really depends how he feels and how it goes in practices imo