lack of passing game

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Never said he went to the combine for electronic timing head to head with Bo Jackson. Said he was timed at A L A B A M A foottball camp by a fat 6 fingered line coach with a mouth full of red man. The best part is that the same fat guy timed everyone else slower!

I get your point and I'm not disputing that Justin is fast. But I'd bet he will run in the 4.4 range if/when he goes to the NFL combine. I highly doubt he breaks into the 4.3 range electronically timed. Those guys are super rare. And, as pointed out above...NO ONE gets into the 4.2's. There have only been a few of those guys in history.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I get your point and I'm not disputing that Justin is fast. But I'd bet he will run in the 4.4 range if/when he goes to the NFL combine. I highly doubt he breaks into the 4.3 range electronically timed. Those guys are super rare. And, as pointed out above...NO ONE gets into the 4.2's. There have only been a few of those guys in history.
Most of those guys have track training and know how to start which is half the battle.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I was cutting up with you. I agree with you concerning actual timing and have stated in previous posts that I have never timed a kid in sub 4.5 in hs even though I coached state champ in 100 meters. I say that I would like justins chances with Snoddy if he had been in the track program at GT for two years working on his starts when a younger Snoddy shows up at Tech. Snoddy ran 10.85 and finished 3rd his senior year of hs.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
The last three wide receivers we sent to the combine ran sub 4.4 40's (I know they round to 4.4 not 4.3). There's a reason two of them were 1st rounders and the other a 2nd rounder.

Demaryius Thomas didn't run at the combine. He had a broken foot.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's right, I forgot. He was reportedly running electronic times between 4.36-4.38 leading up to the Combine. That's consistent with what he showed after he was healthy. My statement is still valid, you just have to look at it a little differently remembering he didn't run AT the Combine.;)