Lack of coverage

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Only thing on the ACC blog for ESPN is Clemson... Nothing about any other team. Great job... NOT>

I don't blame them. Pitt got housed, NC State played a FCS team. Maybe they could have paid attention to Va Tech blasting ECU, but ECU is just plain bad. Clemson taking a big steaming dump on Louisville is the big news in a couple of ways. It cements Clemson as a top 2 team and it pretty much ends the Atlantic race before September is over. Sure, Clemson still has to play FSU but that game might not be pretty. Clemson IS the story in the ACC right now. They should be the story nationally in college football at the moment.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully this off week roof has used it to recall the 9-10 times in public paul has said they need to call the D more aggressive and maybe we will look more hardnosed and aggressive

I will bet a sum that Roof will be in his usual "read and react" defense when we come out against Pitt.

Any takers?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hopefully this off week roof has used it to recall the 9-10 times in public paul has said they need to call the D more aggressive and maybe we will look more hardnosed and aggressive

Although this keeps getting brought up,I find it very difficult to believe as a Tech alum. The reason I am skeptical is that in my career, I never worked for a guy who would give me 9 or 10 suggestions to do something. Nor would I do the same for anyone who ever worked for me. The first conversation might be a suggestion. The second one would be a command. There wouldn't be a 3rd conversation ever over the same topic. The 3rd talk would be about a reassignment or termination. Paul seems to be too effective as a leader to be having the same conversation multiple times imo.

Jmonty71

Banned
Opportunities for increased GT coverage

We have the ability to win all 4... Tough with Clemson. But, a good chance of 3 out of 4. I said it once, and I will say it again. We, often, are our own worst enemy. We beat ourselves, against UT. If we play clean, no turnovers and make the blocks needed, we can compete with almost anyone. If we miss blocks, fumble and play flat, we'll lose. Sadly, most of the pressure is on the offense. The D will do enough, to keep us in games, should the O maintain the TOP (typically). Did not work that way against UT. The D has to buckle down, when the offense struggles. That, unfortunately, rarely happens.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If we play clean, no turnovers and make the blocks needed, we can compete with almost anyone. If we miss blocks, fumble and play flat, we'll lose.
This is the mantra of every team ranked from #6 to #40. "If we play to our potential and make no mistakes, we can beat anybody". If you aren't in the top 2 0r 3, the margin of error is razor thin. the college game is more competitive than it has ever been.