#KSUvsGT Postgame

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Am going to rewatch the game this week if I can find time (I am curious about our limited run production). I don't really recall why our yardage seems like it was low on the ground (158 and averaging 4.4 ypr) I know there wasn't much going up the middle but don't think I paid a lot of attention to if it was them scheme to take it away so we went away from it or if we COULDN'T establish the middle even when trying.

I do know, when we average 11 ypc and are 74% completion rate I like the outcome haha :unsure:

Will really be interested to see if we stick to the 40/60 blend with run being favored next week against Clemson. I actually think we will see a lot of quick slant routes and Gibbs in the slot with McGowan. We could move the ball that way - the Red Zone is going to be tight, but hey we were 5/5 in scoring opportunities last week which is all we could ask for.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Am going to rewatch the game this week if I can find time (I am curious about our limited run production). I don't really recall why our yardage seems like it was low on the ground (158 and averaging 4.4 ypr) I know there wasn't much going up the middle but don't think I paid a lot of attention to if it was them scheme to take it away so we went away from it or if we COULDN'T establish the middle even when trying.

I do know, when we average 11 ypc and are 74% completion rate I like the outcome haha :unsure:

Will really be interested to see if we stick to the 40/60 blend with run being favored next week against Clemson. I actually think we will see a lot of quick slant routes and Gibbs in the slot with McGowan. We could move the ball that way - the Red Zone is going to be tight, but hey we were 5/5 in scoring opportunities last week which is all we could ask for.
It seemed like we were cracking off 8 - 10 yard runs regularly, so I was puzzled by the low total for running yards. I wonder (haven't checked) if KSU dominated the time of possession and therefore limited our opportunities to increase the running yards?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It seemed like we were cracking off 8 - 10 yard runs regularly, so I was puzzled by the low total for running yards. I wonder (haven't checked) if KSU dominated the time of possession and therefore limited our opportunities to increase the running yards?
We averaged 4.4 yards per carry. 36 rushes for 158 yards.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Sacks is one reason. Outside of Yates/Beatty we had 28 carries for 165 for 5.9 yards a pop.

The second was missing possessions and short fields. We had two possessions "taken" between the scoop and score and the onsides. We also had 3 drives set up on their side of the field through a big return, an int, and an onside recovery.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Sacks is one reason. Outside of Yates/Beatty we had 28 carries for 165 for 5.9 yards a pop.

The second was missing possessions and short fields. We had two possessions "taken" between the scoop and score and the onsides. We also had 3 drives set up on their side of the field through a big return, an int, and an onside recovery.
That is a really good point about missed opportunity due to the short field and DefScore/OnsideKick

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We started out hot with Gibbs, ended hot with Smith, and everything in between was garbage. We had a stretch of 7 possessions where we were averaging 2.8 ypc.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Two many one and two yard gains between the tackles after running 6 yards to get back to the LOS. The TOP was not in our favor but not the reason for low numbers running the ball. There just seemed no where for Mason or Gibbs to run between the tackles.....and therefore very low yards per carry..

LibertyTurns

Banned
We only had 8 runs of 6 yds or more I think. 4 runs of more than 10 yds.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watched the post game presser. Ouch, that was painful. Glad we won but CGC could tone it down quite a bit.
  • We beat KSU. This guy is acting as if we beat Alabama. We were supposed to win -- or so I thought. The chest pounding was unnecessary.
  • Crediting his ATL philosophy for second team players performing well and taking a shot at the media in doing so. Credit goes to the players for stepping up, but this happens all the time when players get injured.
  • Talking up the defensive game plan. Again - we beat KSU. Happy we won but give it a break.
I could go on. Well, I actually can't because he was so obnoxious I stopped listening.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Just watched the post game presser. Ouch, that was painful. Glad we won but CGC could tone it down quite a bit.
  • We beat KSU. This guy is acting as if we beat Alabama. We were supposed to win -- or so I thought. The chest pounding was unnecessary.
  • Crediting his ATL philosophy for second team players performing well and taking a shot at the media in doing so. Credit goes to the players for stepping up, but this happens all the time when players get injured.
  • Talking up the defensive game plan. Again - we beat KSU. Happy we won but give it a break.
I could go on. Well, I actually can't because he was so obnoxious I stopped listening.
A good salesman sizes up the situation and his audience and knows when to tone it down. Collins is non-stop full bore.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
agreed - but if this is best pass then I think the tip to yourself is pretty boss.

Best throw, obviously becomes UNCheat

Best Hands, may have to be the last one from UVA; but still Charlie is up there.
They are all great catches but looks like Charlie is a lock to win this vote. With 9.5 hours left he has 61% of the 723 votes!!! UNCheat is next with only 16%

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I've read it a couple of times now and I really have to wonder. Do you guys REALLY believe this is what CGC's postgame presser would sound like if we went out and beat Alabama this weekend (yes, I know that's not who we play)?

He may have been a little too "up" for having just beaten Kennesaw State (although some of you are the same ones predicting we'd lose so there's that). But I'd be willing to bet that he'd turn it up to ELEVEN if we beat Bama right now. It'd be through the roof energy.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I've read it a couple of times now and I really have to wonder. Do you guys REALLY believe this is what CGC's postgame presser would sound like if we went out and beat Alabama this weekend (yes, I know that's not who we play)?

He may have been a little too "up" for having just beaten Kennesaw State (although some of you are the same ones predicting we'd lose so there's that). But I'd be willing to bet that he'd turn it up to ELEVEN if we beat Bama right now. It'd be through the roof energy.
of course not. At least the point I was trying to make was that the level of hyperbole he was using was not appropriate for KSU -- perhaps if we beat a top ranked team it was. Having said that, if we actually do beat a top ranked team, he will go ape ****. He will call out all of the people that questioned everything from ATL to juice crew to money down as questioning how he runs his program. And frankly, I think all of that stuff is noise but if he consistently starts winning, I would not question it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
of course not. At least the point I was trying to make was that the level of hyperbole he was using was not appropriate for KSU -- perhaps if we beat a top ranked team it was. Having said that, if we actually do beat a top ranked team, he will go ape ****. He will call out all of the people that questioned everything from ATL to juice crew to money down as questioning how he runs his program. And frankly, I think all of that stuff is noise but if he consistently starts winning, I would not question it.
Yeah, in college sports a winning coach is pretty much entitled to do ANYTHING he wants to do.