Knight transferring as grad transfer

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Hate to lose him, can always use an athlete of his caliber.
Good luck in getting that paid for grad degree. Of all the ways to lose a guy, grad transfer is the one that hurts the least.

Gonna have to hit the portal at LB next year. Tatum looks good but we lose ace and Charlie.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I support GT. You happy our program sucks so you can take a victory lap? Great work here

Since you joined in 2019 it really doesn't seem like you support GT, for the longest while if anyone brought up pretty much anything in GT's recent past you acted as if it was an immediate slight against Collins and dismissed all criticism of him as being anti the school. Turns out he was a major problem like so many were saying.

You want to talk about people not acting like 6 year olds. Starts with recognizing that supporting a school is not black and white. Collins was a fraud, always was. He put us here. I still watched every game, still hope to hell they'd win in spite of him. Doesn't change the facts. It really must suck that all that cheerleading and positive thinking you did while badmouthing prior success as being "in the past" didn't really help.

Btw the way you can be a less than successful coach at GT and not get the * treatment. Curry (85 was great though), in some ways Rodgers, fulcher, Carson non of those guys get that treatment. With Collins it has very little to do with his on field success and more with how he carried himself, how he addressed criticism, how he addressed everything.

But hey you don't owe Collins any loyalty, by your own past statements. He's not here now. You are free.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Since you joined in 2019 it really doesn't seem like you support GT, for the longest while if anyone brought up pretty much anything in GT's recent past you acted as if it was an immediate slight against Collins and dismissed all criticism of him as being anti the school. Turns out he was a major problem like so many were saying.

You want to talk about people not acting like 6 year olds. Starts with recognizing that supporting a school is not black and white. Collins was a fraud, always was. He put us here. I still watched every game, still hope to hell they'd win in spite of him. Doesn't change the facts. It really must suck that all that cheerleading and positive thinking you did while badmouthing prior success as being "in the past" didn't really help.

Btw the way you can be a less than successful coach at GT and not get the * treatment. Curry (85 was great though), in some ways Rodgers, fulcher, Carson non of those guys get that treatment. With Collins it has very little to do with his on field success and more with how he carried himself, how he addressed criticism, how he addressed everything.

But hey you don't owe Collins any loyalty, by your own past statements. He's not here now. You are free.
I did support Collins because he was our coach. I will support our next coach. I supported P*** J****** too.

I did not bad mouth any previous success. Not only are you butt hurt, you're a liar too. Anything else you want to invent and make up about my posts? Or do you want to logoff the internet and leave mom's basement?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I did support Collins because he was our coach. I will support our next coach. I supported P*** J****** too.

I did not bad mouth any previous success. Not only are you butt hurt, you're a liar too. Anything else you want to invent and make up about my posts? Or do you want to logoff the internet and leave mom's basement?

Lol Half your old post are putting down people for talking about johnson or otherwise complaining.

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Please stop people, Honestly He didnt have the arm for QB or the instincts for LB at P5, good luck to him wherever he goes
You know I get such a kick out of posts like this. They give me a chance to post some, you know, evidence. Like, say:

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/g...us-knight-commitment-locust-grove-dual-threat

Then go to the film. I especially like the 99 yard TD that starts it. I think he would have ended up as a BB or QB. In the P5 offense Tech ran when the team was winning.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Are we going to act like there was nobody who failed to pan out under Johnson? There are those type of players on every team for every coach in the country. Hope he find success wherever he goes.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I think this thread needs a font going out of their way to unnecessarily trash Gailey as well as another font to trash O'Leary just to complete the circle of hate.
Agree. It's hard to fathom those that hate GT so bad they want the guy that got canned along with his reach around AD to come back and re-introduce the screwed up practices & other assorted lunacy like the weightlifting on the sidelines to intimidate other teams. You'd think we could get the fanbase united, but there's a lot of hold outs hating what Cabrera did. I can't wait for Key to do well so they can proclaim the improvement was right around the corner, we just got impatient and fired him prematurely.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes it just doesn't work out here for some SAs and they move on and have success. There's a myriad of reasons why things work out and don't work out. Lucas Johnson is a good example of someone who just couldn't catch a break here due to injury. He was twice in line to start (once under CPJ, once under Collins) but ended up getting injuries and someone else supplanted him. He transferred to San Diego and helped them to a good season last year. He's now at Montana and having a great season statistically and record wise (Montana is 4-0).

Can we just thank Knight for choosing us and helping us while he was here? No need to speculate on why he didn't play, or talk down on him. He represented GT well and I never heard a negative word about him. Let's wish him well on his future endeavors. He's graduating, so no matter where he goes he's going to be a Tech man.

Good luck, DK! Hope you have success wherever you end up.