Knight transferring as grad transfer

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Thank you. I will be sure to let him know. What happened to him unfortunately is part of the game (and I don’t mean football). He remained humble which is something I’ve always told him to be no matter what happened in his life good or bad. Appreciate you and thanks again.
Reading you speaking about Demetrius makes me almost as proud of him as you are. Gutting it out for four years at GT in the classroom, playing ball, and finally getting his degree is something alot of people don't accomplish. I truly hope that DK retains the love for GT throughout his life that all of us here have. We all wish him the best of luck and congratulations to you and his mom for a job obviously well done.

Last edited:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Just doing what any father would do. Yes.. he is in the portal and will not be returning to the flats. I can’t reveal any info on that(portal contacts)but he is getting a lot of follows and interests. It’s looking good for him so far. God is with him.
Will be cheering him on wherever he ends up, as I do all the jolly good fellows. Thank you for your posts.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just doing what any father would do. Yes.. he is in the portal and will not be returning to the flats. I can’t reveal any info on that(portal contacts)but he is getting a lot of follows and interests. It’s looking good for him so far. God is with him.
Best of luck to you both...I know nothing about what ya'll went through, but it sounds like it was tough. Thank you for your efforts at GT and you will always be GT men imho.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree. A GT degree you can’t do any better than that in my opinion. The school he went to was a small school they didn’t have athletic athletes. He was asked and willing to play wherever the coach needed him to but his journey really started when he played running back And they actually won a championship because of him but his passion was quarterback the only reason he play running back was because they didn’t have one strong enough to carry the load but however he went back to his passion which was quarterback and took his school to the first ever playoff game. But again he ended up playing receiver the following year and then back to quarterback his senior year. He played a lot of defense as a matter of fact he never came off the field he played all 4qtrs on both sides of the ball and he did this for four years straight so he is truly is an athlete and I totally agree with you, him being an athlete enabled him some what because he has many skill sets and used them to the fullest. That alone caught the eyes and attention of other NCAA programs such as army navy Purdue Utah Illinois Tennessee Temple Furman Oklahoma Miami Louisville Yale and of course Georgia Tech even Georgia showed some interest… but however I think this is the best decision for him. He loves and I mean he absolutely loves Georgia Tech his teammates and all his friends and the fans and I can truly say it’s the fans he’s going to miss the most because even when he wasn’t doing anything but just special team kick offs he would always show love towards the fans every single time. So thank you for your supporting him he’s a great young man AND A HELLOVA ENGINEER!!
Much appreciate you taking the time to share a parental perspective. Athletics rarely works out as most plan or desire but the good news is the work ethic GT (both academics and football) helped him build will serve him very well for the rest of his life...

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Thank you. I will be sure to let him know. What happened to him unfortunately is part of the game (and I don’t mean football). He remained humble which is something I’ve always told him to be no matter what happened in his life good or bad. Appreciate you and thanks again.

He's a good man, and it appears the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Hard is it may be, ignore the dingbats.

Your posts are an example of why I hate when folks come here and harsh on players. These guys are all Tech men. I can tell you first hand that is a bond amongst us all that never quits, and travels the world. I have struck up conversations in the grocery store, other states, and other countries with good folks who happened to notice I was a Tech guy, or I noticed they were.

Hats off to him.

My daughter played college softball, and went through a coaching change. She transferred to Tech to get a biomedical engineering degree, and gave it up when she came over.

Tough situation for a kid to go through.

Hats off to him, and you all.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Happy to hear he'll be getting the most important thing out of his time at Tech: his degree! I was always impressed with DK sticking it out with the coaching change and taking any role the team needed. Sorry to hear that he wasn't given a fair shake going into this year, but I'm glad he was able to keep his redshirt.

If things had gone a little differently and CPJ had held on a few more years, DK would have been a terror in the backfield with Tobias, Dontae, and JP Mason! Hopefully, DK will get the right eyes on him in the transfer portal and have a great rest of his career.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Great kid. Glad he stayed the course and getting his degree. He will be successful in life. You did a great job raising him.