Kirby Syndrome or Syracuse Envy?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
None of us or the coaches or team members are satisfied with where we are, record wise, at present. But with the money of W. Buffet I don't believe we will EVER be able to challenge Bama or the Dawgs except for a year where we get a lot bounces going our way. The playing field is not level. Look at the punishment from NCAA at UNCheat. Academics at Bama and Dawg U will never be as stringent as at GT. The non-punishment of The Cheats will make the divide even greater.

I for one, enjoy being a degree holder from a World-Class Academic school with competitive sports programs and doing right with our SAs. Look at what happened to Baylor when they go after players to compete in football against the powerhouses.

I believe we can recruit better but we need to find the SA with academic capability and moral character to be called a Yellow Jacket. They are out there. But we aren't the Irish, with parochial schools all over the nation, feeding players to them. We have to beat the bushes. We need to be innovative in our recruiting and in our marketing of what a degree from GT is really worth. We seem to have made great strides in this direction in the CPJ/CTR tenure. The positive vibes about the AD also provide hope this will continue and improve.

I love the character of this team. They are a great bunch of young men. I for one don’t believe winning is every thing. How you win is a major part of the equation. The moral compass of our nation and the world is askew. I believe how we are doing it here at GT is a contribution to righting that compass.

NO I AM NOT HAPPY WITH NOT BEING 6-1 BUT I am happy not being Baylor, Rice, Purdue, or Arkansas, or Texas A&M getting beat 35-14 by Missy State at home where the 12 th man exists.

Close losses really hurt but I thank our young men for working hard, fighting through adversity and giving us the opportunity to beat anyone one we play.

Go Jackets!! Fight!! Swarm!! Sting /em!! Win!!! THWG!!

Man, agree with almost EVERY word. I do think more $$ would help locate these SA's with a desire for a top level STEM degree and an excellent FB program. I just think we could attract guys from all over the country (and world, like our latest DE recruit) if we spent more and made sure it was spent effectively.

With that said, I am very pleased with our players and coaches. And, yes, with a couple of breaks, we are 6-1, which is what this team is capable of being.