Kirby on CGC

stech81

Helluva Engineer
First I don't care what Kirby thinks. And he is the uga coach so I dislike him .

upload_2019-2-11_10-14-22.png

Deleted member 2897

Yes, but I think Tech gets more bang for the buck. Ugag is spending a lot of $$$ to come up short every year.

I believe they spend double what we do on football - something like $40m per year compared to our $20m per year. Just on football alone!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking of Doug Marrone when he went from Tech to Ugag, saying, "Why settle for pepsi when you can have coke"? I wonder if that was the subtle message of the coke on the podium.

Nah all of the sec coaches have coke on the podium. Except florida which has a Gatorade.

Animal02

Banned
I am wondering about the accuracy of our reported $$ VERSES say Virginia tech or Syracuse. I know we are way way behind factories.
After seeing immediate impact of gtaa hiring a brand manager and new social media savvy coach , I wonder if we need some new accountants. Working as to how to classify usage fees, joint use allocations,etc could reward gtaa w lower fees and more net $$ dollars.

Coach has , imo, performed minor miracles with less for his whole time.
Interestingly......VT spending actually dropped from the time period 2007-2015
$274,032 - $233,535
Meanwhile GT caught up with them
$165,379 - $212,253
(numbers are per player without scholly costs)
http://spendingdatabase.knightcommission.org/

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
They could have run this year's score up more, and he called off the (for a better word) dwags.
I'm trying to think which is worse, a tight game where you hope to win in the end only to find (or the refs to find) a way to lose or a total and complete beat down. The last one was the latter.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Geoff Collins is renting out a place in Kirby Smart's head and i hope he stays there

Nah, f that. He ain't rentin'. He's squattin' in that dome. And, come November, his team's gonna be squattin' all over them puppydoggs.

And @Whiskey_Clear any compliment coming from Kirbs is a-'cause he ain't a-smart enough to think of a witty insult.

:D #It'sAlwaysHateWeek

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They could have run this year's score up more, and he called off the (for a better word) dwags.
Also in 2017. They put in Eason for the 4th quarter and all he did was handoff to subs. We still couldn't stop them. Clemson was the same but Dabo is friends with PJ. It could have been a lot worse.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think Kirby is worried about us right now
But if you look at their 2019 recruiting class, a lot came from out of state. Dwags has only 4 of the top 50 in Georgia, per rivals.com