Kickoffs: Clemson at 8p, USF at 2p

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't give a rats *** what time the game starts. The earlier the better. The party is after anyway :). Noon games are the best. I don't understand the bitching. When I played at UGA, 1 PM was the standard. NO ONE BITCHED. Quit looking for a reason to complain, and just come watch football in maybe the best stadium in America... If youth soccer is messing with your NCAA college game day, that sounds like a personal issue. JMO.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
You could put a object in space above the earth in a synchronous orbit and, if it were positioned correctly over the stadium, we could get perpetual shade...

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, with week 3 game against Citadel not picked up by ACCN, probably means that it'll be on RSN/FoxSports. If not, then I believe GT can set kickoff time and stream it.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Noon games are great because you can morning-drink, watch the game, get home and take a nap, and then wake up for the prime time kickoffs or have your Saturday night. When 3:30 kicks end, it's kaput for me til Sunday morning despite only being 7pm. Strong preference over everything to 7pm-8pm kicks though - better/louder/rowdier/drunker atmosphere in the stadium, Atlanta skyline, etc...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Under CPJ's 11 seasons here, our opponents had 22 Bye Weeks prior to playing us. A couple years we had 3 opponents coming off a Bye Week. This year? Zero.

First 2 games are in - Zero noon games.
2018: First 3 games were Noon games, with 7 Noon games overall.
2017: 2nd game was a Nooner, with 5 Noon games overall.
2016: 8 Noon games (not a typo).
2015: 4 Noon games.
2014: 7 Noon games.

We've been averaging over 6 Noon games a year. Noon games negatively impact attendance and ticket/concessions revenue. Bye Weeks before us negatively impacts our Win/Loss record (to the tune of almost 1 extra Loss and 1 fewer Win per year).

Maybe the times are finally changing.

We have 10 games left to be scheduled. If we're to finish about average, 6 or 7 of those 10 should be Noon kickoffs. If times are changing, we'll see a lower number. Off to a good start...

By what method are you determining that a bye week before playing us was automatically a 1 extra loss per year? What if we had the week off before as well as our opponent? Not saying we won our fair share vs teams coming off a bye, but how did the bye in and of itself make that happen?

What was our record when we had a bye week before playing someone who did not have a bye week?

And it seems as if CPJ was often anxious to play earlier games given the chance.

I just pray we never have any Friday nite games @ GF. That slot is for losers.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think you only have streaming access to channels that are part of your cable package. So if Comcast doesn't carry it, don't think you can use your Comcast login to watch it. My basis for this is a buddy whose Comcast package did not include ESPNU. He couldn't use his login to watch on the app, but mine worked. Could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

That is the way it has worked in the past. If what you currently pay for doesn't get the channel/coverage, the ESPN3 won't give you access as you sign in, in part, by referencing your cable/satellite account and password.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Whiteout game in the middle of the day..... Pointless.

Now, if Comcast doesn’t pick up the ACC Network, will the games be streamed online?

Edit: I just clicked the link. They’ll be streaming on the watch ESPN app.

Seems as if a WhiteOut game in early September, at 2:00 pm, in ATL Ga actually makes great sense. Much better than at nite, in November. JMO

Milwaukee

Banned
Don't give a rats *** what time the game starts. The earlier the better. The party is after anyway :). Noon games are the best. I don't understand the bitching. When I played at UGA, 1 PM was the standard. NO ONE BITCHED. Quit looking for a reason to complain, and just come watch football in maybe the best stadium in America... If youth soccer is messing with your NCAA college game day, that sounds like a personal issue. JMO.

I could kiss you on the mouth right now.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Home Freaking Run.

Deleted member 2897

By what method are you determining that a bye week before playing us was automatically a 1 extra loss per year? What if we had the week off before as well as our opponent? Not saying we won our fair share vs teams coming off a bye, but how did the bye in and of itself make that happen?

What was our record when we had a bye week before playing someone who did not have a bye week?

And it seems as if CPJ was often anxious to play earlier games given the chance.

I just pray we never have any Friday nite games @ GF. That slot is for losers.

I went through our records. We were about a 0.600 win percentage in regular games. We only lost 1 when we had a Bye week but our opponent didn’t - that was @Miami and took the double deflection on 4th down. So we were we’re almost undefeated in those games. When our opponent got a Bye week and we didn’t, our win percentage was one-half of our normal win percentage.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
It was a weak bunt that eventually rolled foul.

Noon games don’t suck just for us - they do for everyone. I went to a Noon game at Clemson last year and there were 15,000 empty seats. Ive never seen such a thing.

It was a weak bunt that eventually rolled foul.

Noon games don’t suck just for us - they do for everyone. I went to a Noon game at Clemson last year and there were 15,000 empty seats. Ive never seen such a thing.
Even Dabo was OK w noon kickoffs. Players would rather wake up, eat breakfast and play. The only reason you have later games is because of TV. Those people are sitting at home watching. The best time to play 12 - 1 pm. You have time to park, have a beverage. Walk over to the Jacket walk, have another beverage. Watch the game, tailgate and cookout after. Just my opinion. But I show up @ noon on Friday and don't leave until Sunday;). RV Lot. Y'all are always welcome!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
No offense intended here, but I have to disagree.

Reductio ad Absurdum: if there is an argument for a giving a team a bye weak to prepare for the spread option, then doesn’t logic—and fairness to all the teams facing such a devilish offense—dictate that every team facing it should receive such a bye? A schedule like that for the option team would be patently ridiculous.

Turning that around, once you acknowledge the blatant absurdity of the argument that everyone should get a bye against us because of our offense, then one cannot legitimately argue that any single team should get one specifically because of our offense...
I didn't say that I thought the argument was a good one or that I agreed with it. Just that I could see why some programs would make it and the ACC would go along with them. I specifically said it was unfair. I also said I could see why the conference would try to schedule the byes; if they hadn't Tech would have whipped a good number of teams.