KICK OFF RETURN FOR TD

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought he was going to get squeezed to the sideline about 30 yards out. That cut back was great. Whoever was on that cover team for PITT is going to get hammered in the film room. Failure to stay in lanes was pretty bad. But hey, we took advantage, which is what we are supposed to do.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
( sarcasm here ) as he was running and I could tell he was going to score my thoughts were uh ho now we have to send the defense back out on the field again.

You're the only one for whom that's sarcasm.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
I found it hard to believe that the TV broadcast continually proclaimed that the 96 yard return was the longest Kickoff return touchdown in Tech history. If I recall correctly Jamal Golden returned one 97 yards for a touchdown in 2012. A simple google search revealed that in fact Dez White returned one 100 yards for a touchdown against Maryland in 1998. Overall I felt the TV broadcast was terrible.

I found it hard to believe that the TV broadcast continually proclaimed that the 96 yard return was the longest Kickoff return touchdown in Tech history. If I recall correctly Jamal Golden returned one 97 yards for a touchdown in 2012. A simple google search revealed that in fact Dez White returned one 100 yards for a touchdown against Maryland in 1998. Overall I felt the TV broadcast was terrible.
Don't forget Gary Lee's return against the mutts

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

There was one defender around the 30 that had a chance to get Green. J Johnson gave him a stiff arm nudge on the (back/side) of the shoulder pad and pushed him offstride making the last 30 yards a clean finish. I was worried about a flag but it did not come. It was a marginal block. The push was minor, being slightly from the back, but the result was very good for Green. Kudos for Johnson who was really hustling to help out.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I told my buddy I was watching with that I would rather we had driven the ball down for a score because now our D is tired and our O will be iced, but I would take the points regardless.