Key lost the HC job today?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
not sure, if this was before the internet and sports talk show Yes. But I'm sure 99.9% of the fans of any team is not 100% behind their coach. And you know the ones not happy speak the most.

You don't need people to be 100% on board with any coach. There were things I wish CPJ did differently, and I was one of his biggest supporters. What I am trying to say, and I may be doing it badly, is that we need to get the vast majority of the fanbase to a point where they aren't trying to tar and feather the coach after a loss. There will always be some keyboard warrior blowhards proclaiming each loss as proof of their predictions of doom, but when those voices are the minority we will be in good shape.

Anyways, we will never be unanimous as you've already claimed your place in the front of the line hating the new coach... ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You don't need people to be 100% on board with any coach. There were things I wish CPJ did differently, and I was one of his biggest supporters. What I am trying to say, and I may be doing it badly, is that we need to get the vast majority of the fanbase to a point where they aren't trying to tar and feather the coach after a loss. There will always be some keyboard warrior blowhards proclaiming each loss as proof of their predictions of doom, but when those voices are the minority we will be in good shape.

Anyways, we will never be unanimous as you've already claimed your place in the front of the line hating the new coach... ;)
Thats not fair. Way before TFP was dumped, i was first poster to say I hate the new coach.

South Techs a good guy - we can share the head of the line.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Thats not fair. Way before TFP was dumped, i was first poster to say I hate the new coach.

My apologies. You are indeed already a hater of the new coaching hire. I forgot.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

JacketFan137

Banned
I agree with all this. I don't think there is any way of knowing whether sanders can do it.
the problem with that statement is that it applies to a large portion of any candidate we are interested in/have a realistic shot of acquiring. it isn’t even limited to recruiting either. we really don’t know that chadwells offense could succeed at the p5 level for example.

all we know about deion is he brings something to the table that resonates with some top level recruits. i would argue that if he can get guys to commit to an HBCU he can probably find guys that will want to come to tech and i don’t think that’s a stretch to say

at some point in the search for a school like us we can’t let perfect be the enemy of good. it’s quite easy to pick apart any candidate if any of us really want to. unless of course every season ticket holder, alumni and sidewalk fans pool our money together and hire saban on a 100 mil a year contract. nothing will be guaranteed going forward.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Heck no. I didn't see any glaring coaching errors. The team played hard and didn't quit. He had the guts to play a true freshman QB and it was actually okay. 2nd half was much better for offense, I bet Key got in Long's ear about opening up the playbook at halftime. The onside was a great call.

Fact is we just have no talent. Our RBs are weak. Our OL is bad. Our receivers can't separate. Key is overachieving with this bunch.

Unless it's Deion, I don't see any coaches making a big difference. He's the only one that can bring in TALENT.
Key’s team is marginally better than Collins’s team. See ya coach. Good luck on your next job

JacketFan137

Banned
There will always be some keyboard warrior blowhards proclaiming each loss as proof of their predictions of doom, but when those voices are the minority we will be in good shape.
we need an in depth research project funded into the psych of these people. happens in every sport at every level

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was pulling for Key to turn things around to give him a real shot at HC but there are too many obstacles taking over mid year. It's going to take a fresh start and some renewed enthusiasm for the players and fans that a new regime can bring.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he ever really had a realistic chance of getting the job. He is auditioning right now for other roles. Not ours.