Key lost the HC job today?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Do you honestly think our OL would get the same results against FCS competition that WCU is getting?
If they were WCU's OL, the answer is yes. If you replaced WCU's OL with ours, it would make little if any difference to WCU. It's a Southern Conference caliber OL, IMO.
I saw the game we played against WCU, and our OL vs. their DL was a standoff.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If they were WCU's OL, the answer is yes. If you replaced WCU's OL with ours, it would make little if any difference to WCU. It's a Southern Conference caliber OL, IMO.
I saw the game we played against WCU, and our OL vs. their DL was a standoff.

We will just have to agree to disagree. FWIW, I think you are flat wrong on this one. If you gave WCU our OL for the season, I highly doubt they'd be 3-5. Just because we are having trouble blocking P5 DLs doesn't mean we can't block FCS DLs.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We will just have to agree to disagree. FWIW, I think you are flat wrong on this one. If you gave WCU our OL for the season, I highly doubt they'd be 3-5. Just because we are having trouble blocking P5 DLs doesn't mean we can't block FCS DLs.
No, just because we can't block P-5 DLs doesn't necessarily mean we can't block FCS DLs but watching the WCU game I was struck by how little push we got. Looked like a draw.
Like you said, we'll agree to disagree on this one. But I think you're underestimating how bad our OL really is.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If he is on hope to save a scholarship that is pathetic. The top schools don't do that. The school's that pull that crap generally stink like what we're watching. Funny how the OL has been a problem for what 7 years. It isn't rocket science.
May have 85 already on scholarship when he was PWO and he gets most of the other perks. He sure has earned a scholarship!!!! I think he gets one after this season.