KeShun Freeman

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
After watching the UGA replay for about the 3rd time I noticed something about Freeman.
In the 2nd Half we sold out the run, and did exactly what FLA did, but after watching our D-Line I noticed that Freeman was primarily in a line backer stance on 1st/2nd down. On 3rd down he went down to his traditional 3-Point stance. So pretty much what i'm getting at is, KeShun is a VERY athletic pass rusher but even a better run-stopper, I think CTR realized that at the half and ultimately him allowing KeShun to sell out for the run is what won the game. (By forcing Mason to throw the ball in OT.)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
freeman reminds me of a DE we had in the chan days...a guy named Daryl Robertson. He was taller than Freeman, but same thing like 240. But damn if Daryl didn't shut the run down as good or better than any other DL we had. He was so good in the run game. I hope freeman develops the same way.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I've said before, Freeman +15 lbs = Greg Gathers. Same kind of player, same natural strength, same quickness, same relentlessness. All he needs to be that kind of player (i.e. the nightmare before Christmas for every DC in the ACC) is a year in the weight room.

And, yes, he appears to be a very well-spoken, intelligent young man.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Definitely a goodun. As for Gathers comparison ...I think Freeman is a good bit more agile and flexible...not as powerful. Will see how that changes as he grows and bulks up. Agree he will have a great career. Toolset is fabulous.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Did Simmons play?
I like our hybrid DE/OLB position.
How is Merriweather doing?
Would like to see more of him.
A lot of depth at DE next season should be fun to watch.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
And we put up those November numbers against the best competition we faced all year.
Well, UVA and CU have two of the best D's this year, but neither is known for their offense. Regardless, it's still a pretty striking turnaround.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Isn't it great that the backups got enough playing time before the big games at the end of the season.
When called on the not only filled in , they excelled! Did you see the McNair fly up in the passing lane - made the play shift so interception possible. He seemed to levitate.

Next year = I think the defense is going to present the 8 drives a game with a quandary. What if the defense just shuts down the opponents 3 and out. Will we open up and be more aggressive on offense or be more conservative. I hope we open up so we can keep attracting better and better recruits - and stay on national spot lite

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Definitely a goodun. As for Gathers comparison ...I think Freeman is a good bit more agile and flexible...not as powerful. Will see how that changes as he grows and bulks up. Agree he will have a great career. Toolset is fabulous.
Yeah well, I am not sold on the Gathers comparison either. Gathers' #1 pass rush tool was a powerful bull rush. Everything played off of that. Freeman doesn't really have that at all. He beats guys, like you say, with angles, bend, agility, and quickness. They are very different players. We need Keshun to get a lot stronger and more explosive this off season. Hopefully that will result in more body weight too. He has potential that is through the roof. I really wish he didn't have to play this year, but I am glad we had him. Without him we were a much worse team. The kid has made some plays. I love hearing about what a quality character he has. You can't put a price tag on that. TECH man all the way.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah well, I am not sold on the Gathers comparison either. Gathers' #1 pass rush tool was a powerful bull rush. Everything played off of that. Freeman doesn't really have that at all. He beats guys, like you say, with angles, bend, agility, and quickness. They are very different players. We need Keshun to get a lot stronger and more explosive this off season. Hopefully that will result in more body weight too. He has potential that is through the roof. I really wish he didn't have to play this year, but I am glad we had him. Without him we were a much worse team. The kid has made some plays. I love hearing about what a quality character he has. You can't put a price tag on that. TECH man all the way.
I agree with you, Boom. I would say that Keshun compares more to Attouchu than Gathers. But FWIW, if you're being compared to either of those guys....you're a baller!