KeShun Freeman

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t know numbers but you can just look at him from the beginning of the season vs now and tell he’s grown.

Yeah, at the GT fan day I was shocked at how small he looked. When I talked to him in the players tent, I remember vividly thinking that if this kid was going to be our starting DE, we were in a lot of trouble. I would dare say he maybe weighed 225 back during the summer. But he appears to be much bigger/more muscular now. He certainly has held up to blockers that are bigger and stronger than him.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Keshun has exceed what everyone thought he could do as a Freshman, he has had a outstanding year.

He is also a PERFECT example of a Tech type of kid...won't find a nicer kid off the field.

I distinctly remember people on this board being really high on him well before this season. He has not surprised me, happy for his contributions.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
"I'm thinking Freeman is going to be real good, inexperienced but by mid season people will know him. Just based on what I've seen from spring game and camp scrimmage, if Chungong is even with him we should be in good shape."

From Spring game post.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Saturday night -I hope he has a couple of sacks . In second half Jamison often holds ball for 5-6 seconds while passing. Would love to see super K make a big circle against their big fat tackle and take him down.

Freshman can start and star at gt!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am glad we are playing freshman - PJ DAVIS last year and FREEMAN this year are difference makers - sure can not hurt with team and with recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. Freeman does not stay blocked and when touches ground he bounces up like a drop of water on hot grease. /THE QB has serious doubt about how long he has to pass with these two coming. Great job of coaching these two up

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He's in my daughter's Spanish class this semester. She would agree with you.
As I pointed out earlier, I spoke to a young woman who went to school with Freeman. She said he was "… a great guy." From the way she said that, I also got the impression that the young women at Callaway were looking at him with - shall we say - extreme interest.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I am glad we are playing freshman - PJ DAVIS last year and FREEMAN this year are difference makers - sure can not hurt with team and with recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. Freeman does not stay blocked and when touches ground he bounces up like a drop of water on hot grease. /THE QB has serious doubt about how long he has to pass with these two coming. Great job of coaching these two up
Our Defense is only going to get better in the next few years. I'm satisfied with CTR's first two years.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you, Boom. I would say that Keshun compares more to Attouchu than Gathers. But FWIW, if you're being compared to either of those guys....you're a baller!

yep, the kid is terrific
I loved him from the first hischool tape and I said he would be our best recruit
he may not be better than JAtt his last yr but if he doesn't get hurt over his 4 yrs his contribution will be bigger and HUGE

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
I met him at GT fan day and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met, football player or not. He was a pleasure, so it made it all the sweeter that he had such a kick arse year as a dang true freshman !!!

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
As I've said before, Freeman +15 lbs = Greg Gathers. Same kind of player, same natural strength, same quickness, same relentlessness. All he needs to be that kind of player (i.e. the nightmare before Christmas for every DC in the ACC) is a year in the weight room.

And, yes, he appears to be a very well-spoken, intelligent young man.
you mean every OC?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure weight room helps everyone, but maybe some more than others, seems to me his style of play might not get helped as much by s&g as maybe some players, all IMO of course

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
one of my favorite players, i hope we get to see him play for 4 years before the nfl nabs him up. His stop on chubbs in ot was epicly legendary