Kenyan Drake arrested

Ramblinwreck7

Georgia Tech Fan
I would take him. Sometimes a kid just needs a new scenery....new people to be around. Plus, we gotta trust that our coaches and team leadership would be able to guide him in the right direction. Having said that, I don't know too much about the kid and whether or not there are major red flags personally. My thinking is that if he is close to the Days family that he can't be all that bad.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Wait a second...are you telling me that our offensive depth chart in 2016 could be

QB: J. Thomas - SR starting his 4th season & perhaps the fastest QB in the nation. Backed up by J. Matthews, J. Ratliff, Campbell
BB: Drake + MLD
AB: Autry, Leggett, Cottrell
AB: Andrews, Jarret, lynch
WR: Summers, Searcy, Autry
WR: Jeune, Philpot, Howell
LT: Chris Griffin
LG: Sandiffer
C: Burden
RG: Devine
RT: Bryan
(Oh ya, I forgot to list the 6 freshman lineman coming in this year)

Ya, count me in. I'd welcome Drake with open arms if he was able & willing to come here. If you look at the attrition over the years, It seems like Paul Johnson isn't one to cater to players who don't buy in to the team's goals - Holton, Vad, Williams...I welcome talent & trust our coaches.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I want him, everyone deserves a 2nd chance, plus surely the kid knows whetever he winds up its going to be his last shot- odds are he will buckle down and show out

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I will say that if our coaching staff decided to bring a transfer student in, I'd be in total support of the new S-A. In this particular instance, I believe the coaching staff has had enough contact with this kid for a long enough time that if they accepted his transfer he would have been sufficiently vetted. I highly doubt he would/will come to GT. I don't think he'll leave Alabama.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Wait a second...are you telling me that our offensive depth chart in 2016 could be

QB: J. Thomas - SR starting his 4th season & perhaps the fastest QB in the nation. Backed up by J. Matthews, J. Ratliff, Campbell
BB: Drake + MLD
AB: Autry, Leggett, Cottrell
AB: Andrews, Jarret, lynch
WR: Summers, Searcy, Autry
WR: Jeune, Philpot, Howell
LT: Chris Griffin
LG: Sandiffer
C: Burden
RG: Devine
RT: Bryan
(Oh ya, I forgot to list the 6 freshman lineman coming in this year)

Ya, count me in. I'd welcome Drake with open arms if he was able & willing to come here. If you look at the attrition over the years, It seems like Paul Johnson isn't one to cater to players who don't buy in to the team's goals - Holton, Vad, Williams...I welcome talent & trust our coaches.

Obviously that's a long shot, but I would flat out expect to make the 4 team playoff with that lineup under CPJ.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So he went into a crime scene to get his car after being told not to. Sometime after 1 in the morning.

Given he has gone to Alabama, how could he transfer to GT academically? It would have been great to get him two years ago!

We have had transfers from ugag, UT / OleMiss / bama recently. What are you talking about?

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know Kenyan barely. We have talked 3 times and I have seen him practice dozens of time and heard from coaches, teammates, and friends. He is a good guy and is not a dummy . He gets distracted or loses focus due to tiny things that most college kids do during their tenure. He is a hard worker, decent student (better than some we current have), and a down to earth guy face to face. Just a tad bit immature. I think he needs to bolt and come to GT. I really think he would run for over 1200 yards here and get drafted. I worry that he won't because he might be a little too focused on what people would think like he wasn't good enough, ect.....

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I know he likes Tech a lot but after reading some of these posts people are starting to get very wishful. I'd love to see him on The Flats just as much as the next guy but I don't want to get my hopes up. Like @Eric said it's just something to keep an eye on.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
I worry that he won't because he might be a little too focused on what people would think like he wasn't good enough, ect.....

Let's use that - at Georgia Tech, you'll have the opportunity to prove yourself. At Alabama, you may not get another shot. And even if you do, you'll be expected to reach such a high bar the moment you step on the field. Fans won't cheer, they'll give a sigh of relief. You'll never prove people like that wrong. And your degree from Alabama combined with "football player" on your resume will impress less and less people with each passing year.

At Georgia tech, fans will be excited for your arrival. You will be a 1-8 talent this program is yearning for. You will be one more piece to what we are building and you will play a role perfectly suited for your ability. You will be running behind Devine & will Bryan for 2 years.

This is the fairest chance anyone can get. You will get an opportunity to play. And if you are successful, you will be successful. Earning a tech degree means something in the real world - as it should. Sit in on a class & see the student body. These kids don't care about what Alabama graduates think of them. Why would they when they win on merit? Not that everyone is a nerd. A lot of awesome people went to & go to tech. 1/8 are millionaires. Heck, a bunch of them went to space. Almost everyone at tech has his or her life together. You will be fascinated what you can learn from these people. They'll open up doors in your life that don't exisit in the Alabama SEC environment.

Now how do I fit this on twitter?

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd love to see it but if I'm a betting man...I'm betting against him ever stepping on the campus as a student athlete at GT.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
GT would be the environment this young man needs . The quality of the players in the locker room and the dedication to academics woul help him stay focused and away from " off field " issues .

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
GT would be the environment this young man needs . The quality of the players in the locker room and the dedication to academics woul help him stay focused and away from " off field " issues .
I would hope that'd be the case. Sometimes it backfires and one kid becomes a cancer in the locker room. You know what they say about one bad apple.

Ah yes, the ATL has much fewer temptations than Tuscaloosa. And the classroom experience at Hillgrove and Alabama would more than adequately prepare him for the rigors at Tech. Of course, he would have a tutor here, and Joe Speed would be assigned for mentoring. There is a reason he passed on Tech out of high school. Football (and his vehicle) were his first priorities.