1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Kenyan Drake arrested

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/alabama_running_back_kenyan_dr.html

Drake has already reportedly been in the doghouse at Bama and with Nick Saban...this can not help his cause. He has already been splitting carries with Derrick Henry and TJ Yeldon...this could result in less playing time now for Drake...will be interesting to see if he looks at transferring out. He has been vocal on Twitter before about how he loves GT and it is his second home.

I will just say this is something worth watching.

2. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

He really needs a change a scenery. I don't even care about him coming here, he just needs to go somewhere else. He seems like a hot head and I'm sure a lot of it has to do with not being happy at Bama and wanting more playing time. There's no way in heck he's going to be able to start over Derrick Henry that man is a freak of nature.

stevo0718 likes this.
  3. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

So he went into a crime scene to get his car after being told not to. Sometime after 1 in the morning.

Given he has gone to Alabama, how could he transfer to GT academically? It would have been great to get him two years ago!

Pj4prez01 likes this.
  4. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Could have been the 2nd coming of Dwyer at BB. Very similar styles. Close to Synjyn and and Jabari.

Chris Jackson transferred from 'Bama, so it can be done. Plus he has a redshirt year still available so he'd still have 2 years. E's right...very interesting situation given our depth at BB and Drake's situation and love for GT.

5. Eric

I will say that Drake has been looking into this move previously....Who knows how realistic it is now or if we could take him after these accidents. We shall see.

Personally I don't see him staying at Bama much longer.

thebull35 likes this.
  6. GT Tennessee

GT Tennessee Ramblin' Wreck

If Drake decided to leave I could see him coming to us given he is accepted to school and because of his love for GT and for the Days brothers. Would be a monumental get with him and MLD at BB. If he leaves Eric let the site know so we can get after him on twitter.

7. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Yep he's been very vocal of his love for GT. He needs to get out of there.
    BTW he has had a problem with the fumblitice

8. Eric

I don't think he uses Twitter anymore.

9. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

Louisville next then?

Pj4prez01 likes this.
  10. Goatman93

Goatman93 Ramblin' Wreck

I think he does. @KDx17

11. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

If he would have followed through with transferring to GT the first time, he would have been sharing carries with Laskey this year. NASTY combination.

Oh well...

12. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

How many years of eligibility does he have?

13. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

2 years

14. Longestday

Longestday Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Eric, Drake is now following you on twitter.

15. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

He's been at Bama for two years. It is very unlikely that he has enough credits to transfer to Tech on APR. (guess, don't really know how it works)

16. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

I'm leery of taking him in. I know he has talent but the gray matter between the ears is a concern. Entering a taped off crime scene, after being told not to......boneheaded assinine stupidity. Especially in this case. This was a shooting (attempted murder) and officer involved shooting of the perp. I'd prefer to let that kind of trouble display their talent elsewhere. His transfer to Bama was addition by subtraction. Let him get his head on straight elsewhere if that is even possible.

17. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Wouldn't he also have to have done the calculus and science classes? In the 70's, one route was to get the calculus and labs done at another Georgia school and then transfer in.

18. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Screw academic credits.......we don't need a "credit for time served" type on our team. There is no way to know what may have happened if he had committed to GT. Maybe the Days boys could have helped keep him on the straight and narrow....that boat has sailed though and I'm not a big fan of throwing him a life line at this time. Hope he grows up and gets his head on straight but I'd rather he have that opportunity elsewhere. I don't care how dire our Bback needs are next year. I'd rather struggle at Bback than bring in a problem child.

19. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

It is interesting the comments. They range in both directions. "We want to beat the factories, but not with factory type players." Hmmmmm!

20. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Factory type player? I'll take probably 20 players off of Bama's team happily...maybe more....Drake ain't one of them tho.