Kenyan Drake arrested

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/alabama_running_back_kenyan_dr.html

Drake has already reportedly been in the doghouse at Bama and with Nick Saban...this can not help his cause. He has already been splitting carries with Derrick Henry and TJ Yeldon...this could result in less playing time now for Drake...will be interesting to see if he looks at transferring out. He has been vocal on Twitter before about how he loves GT and it is his second home.

I will just say this is something worth watching.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He really needs a change a scenery. I don't even care about him coming here, he just needs to go somewhere else. He seems like a hot head and I'm sure a lot of it has to do with not being happy at Bama and wanting more playing time. There's no way in heck he's going to be able to start over Derrick Henry that man is a freak of nature.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/alabama_running_back_kenyan_dr.html

Drake has already reportedly been in the doghouse at Bama and with Nick Saban...this can not help his cause. He has already been splitting carries with Derrick Henry and TJ Yeldon...this could result in less playing time now for Drake...will be interesting to see if he looks at transferring out. He has been vocal on Twitter before about how he loves GT and it is his second home.

I will just say this is something worth watching.

So he went into a crime scene to get his car after being told not to. Sometime after 1 in the morning.

Given he has gone to Alabama, how could he transfer to GT academically? It would have been great to get him two years ago!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Could have been the 2nd coming of Dwyer at BB. Very similar styles. Close to Synjyn and and Jabari.

Chris Jackson transferred from 'Bama, so it can be done. Plus he has a redshirt year still available so he'd still have 2 years. E's right...very interesting situation given our depth at BB and Drake's situation and love for GT.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I will say that Drake has been looking into this move previously....Who knows how realistic it is now or if we could take him after these accidents. We shall see.

Personally I don't see him staying at Bama much longer.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
If Drake decided to leave I could see him coming to us given he is accepted to school and because of his love for GT and for the Days brothers. Would be a monumental get with him and MLD at BB. If he leaves Eric let the site know so we can get after him on twitter.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Yep he's been very vocal of his love for GT. He needs to get out of there.
BTW he has had a problem with the fumblitice

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If Drake decided to leave I could see him coming to us given he is accepted to school and because of his love for GT and for the Days brothers. Would be a monumental get with him and MLD at BB. If he leaves Eric let the site know so we can get after him on twitter.

I don't think he uses Twitter anymore.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If he would have followed through with transferring to GT the first time, he would have been sharing carries with Laskey this year. NASTY combination.

Oh well...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm leery of taking him in. I know he has talent but the gray matter between the ears is a concern. Entering a taped off crime scene, after being told not to......boneheaded assinine stupidity. Especially in this case. This was a shooting (attempted murder) and officer involved shooting of the perp. I'd prefer to let that kind of trouble display their talent elsewhere. His transfer to Bama was addition by subtraction. Let him get his head on straight elsewhere if that is even possible.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's been at Bama for two years. It is very unlikely that he has enough credits to transfer to Tech on APR. (guess, don't really know how it works)

Wouldn't he also have to have done the calculus and science classes? In the 70's, one route was to get the calculus and labs done at another Georgia school and then transfer in.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Screw academic credits.......we don't need a "credit for time served" type on our team. There is no way to know what may have happened if he had committed to GT. Maybe the Days boys could have helped keep him on the straight and narrow....that boat has sailed though and I'm not a big fan of throwing him a life line at this time. Hope he grows up and gets his head on straight but I'd rather he have that opportunity elsewhere. I don't care how dire our Bback needs are next year. I'd rather struggle at Bback than bring in a problem child.